Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of BIJOUCREEK
posted
location Colorado huerfano cnty
guide myself
gun 300 rum on a stiller
dates sept 2-5 2010

This is my first bear. I have seen plenty of bears in colorado but never had a tag when I saw them. I found this spot where there always seems to be bears, so took a few years to draw the tag and I finally did, hiked up to 13,000 ft and shot this guy. The shot was 600 yds. The hard part was packing this guy out. Took me 2 days by my self, The hardest pack I have done next to the moose I packed out by myself, but that was only 300 yds from a road. These bears are higher then the Sheep! the only thing higher are the elk I have seen bulls at almost 14,000 ft on the very tops of these mountains, on granite, hiding from archery hunters!

Mamma and baby bear

Not the biggest bear, the biggest bear I saw in 4 days, and the only boar, I was just a little early for the big ones. Iam very happy with him.
Bear camp 2010

Posts: 155 | Location: Byers Co | Registered: 20 March 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Congratulations on a very nice trophy bear! tu2AWSOME!!

Posts: 3608 | Location: USA | Registered: 08 September 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Nice bear good shot. remember if you had shot a bigger one it would have been just that much harder to pack out.

I went on bear hunt in the BWCA this fall I told my self I wasn't going to shoot a big bear to hard to get out.

Posts: 19443 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ghostbird
posted Hide Post
Congratulations... nice CO bear !
Andy

--------------------------------------------
National Rifle Association - Life Member
National Wild Turkey Federation - Diamond Life Sponsor
Pope & Young Club - Associate Member

Posts: 561 | Location: North Alabama, USA | Registered: 14 February 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Congratulations on a nice Bear. Good flicks too. tu2

Posts: 9920 | Location: Carolinas, USA | Registered: 22 April 2001Reply With Quote