New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone watch Hunting 201?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I watched a couple of different episodes over the last couple of weeks. I like how he lists the equipment he used during that weeks show. Funny though, he used a .300 Winchester Magnum with 180 gr. failsafes on a Yukon Moose (not that there is anything wrong with that)in grizzly country. A couple of weeks ago he was hunting caribou (in grizzly country again) with a .375 H&H Improved shooting 270 gr. Hornady bullets. bewildered

No point really, just cracked me up for some reason.

Posts: 437 | Location: S.E. Idaho | Registered: 23 July 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jorge
posted Hide Post
Sounds like he got his wires crossed ! Smiler jorge

USN (ret)
DRSS Verney-Carron 450NE
Cogswell & Harrison 375 Fl NE
Sabatti Big Five 375 FL Magnum NE
DSC Life Member
NRA Life Member

Posts: 7145 | Location: Orange Park, Florida. USA | Registered: 22 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
It does seem to be a better than average hunting show. I saw the moose episode. I liked the guides response when the hunter was second guessing passing a bull early. He said it's the stalks and the effort that makes hunting fun. I agree with that. I have better memories of hunts that went down to the wire or went home empty handed than those where I tagged out right away.

Jeff

In the land of the blind, the man with one eye is king.

Posts: 784 | Location: Michigan | Registered: 18 December 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
There was another interesting thing the guide did/said that I liked. After Kim had shot the moose and was in that heightened state of excitement he said to the guide "that moose will go somewhere between 53 and 58 inches right?" All the guide did was smile and say yes...he knew darn well it was bigger than that, but didn't want to take the moment away from the hunter. That guides stock went up a long way on that show.

Posts: 437 | Location: S.E. Idaho | Registered: 23 July 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Old Cane
posted Hide Post
Yeah I thought I heard him say 53 and 58 but then I thought maybe he said 63 and 68. I htought I heard the guide at one time say 6' but I had the volume down too much.

Posts: 151 | Location: Murfreesboro, TN | Registered: 25 January 2005Reply With Quote