THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AMERICAN BIG GAME HUNTING FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  American Big Game Hunting    Re: Barnes bullet Reports-Triple Shock

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: Barnes bullet Reports-Triple Shock
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I used the 100-grain .257 bullet in a .257 Weatherby, shot a doe that had been crippled by another hunter. It was a long shot, probably 400-450 yards, was a heart shot ran 50 yards and died. I think it makes a great bullet at least in the high velocity calibers or for heavier game/

Posts: 2788 | Location: gallatin, mo usa | Registered: 10 March 2001Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
My son is six years old, and is wanting to hunt deer this year. He keeps his groups under 1.5" at 100 yards with his .222 Rem Mohawk 600. I told him he couldn't hunt deer until he could shoot a .243, but after reading some of the test results of the barnes TSX, I am considering letting him hunt this year with his .222 Rem. I am from Texas, and the deer are small and all the shot are under 100 yards. I was wondering if anyone had any experience, or an opinion on this combination?

Posts: 1 | Location: Texas | Registered: 13 October 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jorge
posted Hide Post
700 Nitro: you were right...sort of. the bullets did not change impact point appreciably! jorge

Posts: 7145 | Location: Orange Park, Florida. USA | Registered: 22 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of DesertRam
posted Hide Post
Quote:

225 gr. in a 270WSM????

Doh! 140 grainers. Sorry, I had the 225 grainers on the brain. Post is edited.

Posts: 3296 | Location: Southern NM USA | Registered: 01 October 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Tagged along with a friend chasing speed goats. First day he missed 4 at ranges varying from 250 - 450 with his -06. Second day took him to range - he fired 2 shots - 3 & 4 " to the right. Adjusted his scope - hit fine. Had him shoot my 308 with 175 SMK's - then I shot it - holes were touching. Got him on another good goat @300 and he missed again - 2 more shots running. He was really upset with himself, and after he cooled off, we decided to take a lunch break and headed to the house. On the way we found another group about 3/4 mile away - decided to take a sneak, This time He took my 308 loaded with the 175 SMK's. I couldn't get a good hit on the range and guessed 500, set the scope and sent him to sneak the last 20 yds to top of hill for shot. He hits low and a miss running. The goats take off, so I take another reading and it's closer to 600. Pick out a rock, reset scope and hit it - dropped back to 500 and hit low the same as his shot. While we are talking a small buck starts toward us - and he says he wants to "get it over with" - but I ain't got no more "bullets." Suddenly realize I have some 150 TSX loads in my pocket. Reset the scope for 300/with TSX's and we wait for him to get closer. At @ 300 he senses/smells us and he decided to shoot with the goat facing him. The wind catches the bullet and he hits the hair along the left shoulder. Cuts hair for 12-15" and then hits a rib - took out 6" of spine, and paralyzes him from there down. I will find out if he recovered bullet when he cuts it up.

I will be using the same load (150 TSX @ 2835) as backup for my .50 Flinter for deer. Looks like it will do the job OK.

Posts: 324 | Location: SE Wyoming | Registered: 27 January 2004Reply With Quote