THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AMERICAN BIG GAME HUNTING FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  American Big Game Hunting    MN is now jumping into the wolf battle

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

MN is now jumping into the wolf battle
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of MN Hunter
posted
I was pleasantly surprised to read that the MN DNR has petitioned the feds to de-list the wolves here in MN. As it says in the article the state has had to kill over 3000 here since they got listed and that we currently have over 3000 in the state. Now remember we are not that big of a state and the southern half of the state is all farm land(corn, beans, wheat) so any way you slice it that is a very high wolf density in the northern half of the state.

Please set a population number and then open up a hunting season!

http://www.startribune.com/local/88199997.html

Posts: 245 | Location: Minneapolis, MN | Registered: 07 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Give em hell, You are way too close to the Bunny hugging crowd.

Posts: 344 | Location: Pocatello, Idaho | Registered: 26 August 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I hope Wisconsin is next.

But I wont hold my breath Frowner

Posts: 11636 | Location: Wisconsin  | Registered: 13 February 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Not Wis. the DNR wants to up the population goal to 500. For years they have said 350 in the number We are more then double that so instead of hunting them they want to increase the goal we need.

Posts: 19443 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of mt Al
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by p dog shooter:
Not Wis. the DNR wants to up the population goal to 500. For years they have said 350 in the number We are more then double that so instead of hunting them they want to increase the goal we need.

And it will never end.

Best thing you can do if you have the time is find old newspaper articles, DNR reports, etc. stating the original goal. Take these and put them your opinion page in your newspaper. Show people that the numbers will never be enough and that all these people want is control. Period. It's wolves now, it will be something else later.

There's a nutty tree hugger that I know quite well. He fought for wolf reintroduction in Montana back when they wanted 900 wolves. Even he's sick and tired of his kind never being satisfied. He even bought a wolf tag this year for symbolic reasons. amazing.

Posts: 1067 | Location: Bozeman, MT | Registered: 21 October 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of youngoutdoors
posted Hide Post
mt AL, The tree hugger probably bought the tag to keep someone who would use it from buying it. Either way the hugger types just get under my skin!

God Bless, Louis

Posts: 1371 | Location: Mountains of North Carolina | Registered: 14 January 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

The WDNR needs to learn to count. They have been saying for years the wolf number is 500 to 600 ish. Yet sightings go up and up deer numbers are going down. Well we are still 26% overpopulated on deer according to the DNR. Yet there are countless hunters who did not see a deer in 9 days of hunting and the harvest was the lowest in 27 years. Then the bear numbers are double or triple what the DNR claims and has been confirmed by independent studies. Then we have the cougars that don't exist.

Minnesota is at least on the right track they know there is a problem and will admit to it. WDNR is so screwed up it ain't even funny.

Posts: 448 | Registered: 27 September 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Michigan is trying to gain control also. Last winter there was a blurb in the paper about how many radio tagged wolves were discovered dead. Deaded by folks who are fed up with them. I believe they call it 'exceeding the social carrying capacity'. Minnesota had fewer than Wi or Mi. Hats off to Minnesotans, you appear to be better schooled in hiding the facts.

Remember a radio collar is an electronic device. You turned off the wolf, turn off the collar before you leave. Use the same methods.

Posts: 289 | Location: Western UP of Michigan  | Registered: 05 March 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of don444
posted Hide Post
I'll repeat what I've posted before---- Wolves Suck! Mad

Posts: 551 | Location: Idaho | Registered: 27 July 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Ya and they need one in D.C. also there is way to much vermin and varmits there.

Eagles from above

Posts: 147 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 03 February 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by youp50:
Michigan is trying to gain control also. Last winter there was a blurb in the paper about how many radio tagged wolves were discovered dead. Deaded by folks who are fed up with them. I believe they call it 'exceeding the social carrying capacity'. Minnesota had fewer than Wi or Mi. Hats off to Minnesotans, you appear to be better schooled in hiding the facts.

Remember a radio collar is an electronic device. You turned off the wolf, turn off the collar before you leave. Use the same methods.

Good posting. tu2
I'm with you, hoping our DNR gets the word, and opens a season on Wolves.
At the same time, they should string up the JERKS who put Wolves here in the first place. Talk about arrogant ass holes, those people are.
Only people who are FOR detroying good things would put Wolves here in the first place. I have ZERO respect for those kinds of lunatics.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mike7mm08:
quote:

The WDNR needs to learn to count. They have been saying for years the wolf number is 500 to 600 ish. Yet sightings go up and up deer numbers are going down. Well we are still 26% overpopulated on deer according to the DNR. Yet there are countless hunters who did not see a deer in 9 days of hunting and the harvest was the lowest in 27 years. Then the bear numbers are double or triple what the DNR claims and has been confirmed by independent studies. Then we have the cougars that don't exist.

Minnesota is at least on the right track they know there is a problem and will admit to it. WDNR is so screwed up it ain't even funny.

They always lowball the numbers, hell they downright lie about them.

Posts: 509 | Location: Flathead county Montana | Registered: 28 January 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of buffybr
posted Hide Post
quote:
The tree hugger probably bought the tag to keep someone who would use it from buying it. Either way the hugger types just get under my skin!

The MT wolf tags were unlimited, so the tree hugger just made a donation to FWP.

NRA Endowment Life Member

Posts: 1632 | Location: Boz Angeles, MT | Registered: 14 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Leftist Minnesota and Wisc will sooner ban Idahoans and Montanas from their states as to actually open season on Wolves.

Get with it ladies.