THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AMERICAN BIG GAME HUNTING FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  American Big Game Hunting    NC Deer Hunt with Roanoke River Waterfowl

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

NC Deer Hunt with Roanoke River Waterfowl
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Bud Meadows
posted
Just returned from a very fun four day deer hunt in Hobgood, NC that I found through a listing offered here on AR by CPT Clark Purvis. Clark's family owns thousands of acres of prime farm land with LOTS of deer and turkeys, plus he leases thousands of additional acres. Stayed at a very comfortable cabin located just a couple of hundred yards from some prime hunting blind locations. Clark has dozens of trail cameras located near his blinds, and it's reassuring to know that quality bucks are frequenting the areas you are hunting. Saw lots of deer and turkeys, and was able to bag a fine six pointer that was chasing a couple of does past my ladder stand. here's what he looked like:

In addition to some fine hunting land, Clark fed us like kings. One night, we had prime steaks cooked on the grill, another night, we had excellent NC BBQ ribs, and another night we had Bojangles Spicy Chicken. Clark himself wears many hats: he is a licensed deepsea fishing Captain, a licensed African PH, and an accomplished waterfowl guide. Also joining us in camp were a couple of AR regulars, including Terry Murphy, aka 2th Doc on AR. Terry is a fascinating guy- a retired Oral Surgeon who is also an ordained minister. Like me, Terry has hunted Africa extensively, and we shared stories of our travels on the Dark Continent.

Here's a picture of me with Clark's son John Clark, who is a clone of his Dad:

Jesus saves, but Moses invests

Posts: 1385 | Location: Lake Bluff, IL | Registered: 02 May 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sounds like a fun hunt and good visiting .
Nice pictures too.

George

"Gun Control is NOT about Guns'
"It's about Control!!"
Join the NRA today!"

LM: NRA, DAV,

George L. Dwight

Posts: 5962 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: 31 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I can't wait to go. I am leaving KC next Friday to visit and hunt. Looks like a good time for relaxation.

Larry

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history, when everybody stands around reloading" -- Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 3942 | Location: Kansas USA | Registered: 04 February 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I was there the morning Bud shot his buck. Bud was wrapping up his hunt and by what I saw he described Clark Purvis and his operation Roanokeriverwaterfowl outfitters to a "t".
The weather was way to warm for good deer movement an I went home without a buck but I can not say enough good about Cpt. Purvis and the effort he put forth to get me on one, i.e., he donned chest waders an pulled me in creek boat well into a swamp to where he had a tower blind set up. Upon getting there we found a wasp nest inside the blind....Clark insisted on wading out to get wasp spray and returning just so I would not get stung. I have traveled often all over the world trust me that type of attention rarely if ever happens anywhere any more.
To a point : I am booked the first week of rifle next year with Roanoke Waterfowl Outfitters already and may well book a dog bear hunt as well.

Posts: 736 | Location: Quakertown, Pa. | Registered: 11 December 2008Reply With Quote