New
Find
Notify
Tools

Mexican Coues Deer hunt, how much?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I have a chance to hunt in Mexico for Coues deer where 95% qualify for Boone and Crocket and they have a 99% success rate. Cost is $6300 US. Never ever considered hunting Coues deer. They have tiny antlers. That being said, it's a business thing, and is supposed to be a great deal at a world renowned ranch. I can go back to Africa for that though and shoot a few animals, and that might even pay for my trip to Australia for water buffalo (not sure) so i am a little unsure of what to do here.

If this is a steal of a deal on what i think is a very elusive and prestigious trophy, then I might consider it. Any advice here?

Thanks!

Posts: 244 | Location: Winnipeg, Canada | Registered: 02 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
It does not sound like a good deal to me.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I seem to recall seeing Coues Deer hunts in Mexico priced for around half of the figure you post. There are LOTS of things in the world to hunt for that kind of money that, for me, would be lined up ahead of Coues Deer.

JMHO,

JohnTheGreek

Posts: 4697 | Location: North Africa and North America | Registered: 05 July 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
sheldon;

i have hunted coues deer twice. it is alot of fun , if u like to glass and do spot and stalk like i do.

most hunts start in the 3,500 range. the price u quote is the highest that i have heard of. there are outfitters that will take u for desert mule deer for that much.

good luck

cold zero

one of us
posted Hide Post
What Cold Zero says - the price you quote is where Mexican muleys start. HuntSonora books hunts in Mexico for a living, so I assume he knows what he is talking about.
- mike

Posts: 6653 | Location: Switzerland | Registered: 11 March 2002Reply With Quote