New
Find
Notify
Tools

New Mexico Elk Info Needed
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
My party has always applied for Unit 6, which is now 6A,6B, and 6C. We are going to apply for 6A&C as our first two choices this year.
Don't expect anyone to give away a honey hole, we were just wondering if anyone knew if 44/45 was in Santa Fe NF and also 5B.
Any info would be greatly appreciated, we are trying to sneak in under the April 9 deadline. TIA

One of Us
Picture of ACRecurve
posted Hide Post
Units 44 and 45 lie roughly in a triangle encompassed by Santa Fe, Las Vegas, and Taos. The top of the triangle is cut off by Unit 49 along a road but I can't read the road # on the map. Unit 5B partially adjoins the Jicarilla Apache Reservation (Unit 3).

Good hunting,

Andy

-----------------------------
Thomas Jefferson: “To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical.”

Posts: 6711 | Location: Oklahoma, USA | Registered: 14 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The NM G&F website has detailed descriptions of each of the units which can be downloaded as pdf files.

ONe of my most useful planning tools is a delorme TopoUSA program, which has low-grade topo maps of the entire continental US. This shows national forest boundaries as well as much other useful info. For the short term, the NF web sites generally have sufficient detail to allow a match between units and forest boundaries.

Liberals believe that criminals are just like them and guns cause crimes. Conservatives believe criminals are different and that it is the criminals that cause crimes. Maybe both are right and the solution is to keep guns away from liberals.