New
Find
Notify
Tools

Arizona Bull Hunt
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Well fellas, I'm heading out in the morning, muzzleloader in hand. Hopefully the elk gods will shine on me!

Posts: 663 | Location: On a hunt somewhere | Registered: 22 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Good luck! Bring home a big one!

One of Us
Picture of Heat
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wapiti7:
Well fellas, I'm heading out in the morning, muzzleloader in hand. Hopefully the elk gods will shine on me!

Best of luck. Which unit are you hunting?

Ken....

"The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they are ignorant, but that they know so much that isn't so. " - Ronald Reagan

Posts: 5386 | Location: Phoenix Arizona | Registered: 16 May 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ken, I'm in unit 1. I passed a 340 and a 350 yesterday. Got on a mid 360s today and got caught by a cow I didnt see. So, back at it tonight!

Posts: 663 | Location: On a hunt somewhere | Registered: 22 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
360?!!! Eeker Eeker I hope you get him! Keep us updated, and good luck.
Good hunting,
Graham

Posts: 264 | Location: Northern BC, Canada | Registered: 28 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Heat
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wapiti7:
Ken, I'm in unit 1. I passed a 340 and a 350 yesterday. Got on a mid 360s today and got caught by a cow I didnt see. So, back at it tonight!

Ah yes, Region I Pinetop. There have been some big bulls killed there over the years, good luck.

Ken....

"The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they are ignorant, but that they know so much that isn't so. " - Ronald Reagan

Posts: 5386 | Location: Phoenix Arizona | Registered: 16 May 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post

Ok guys, here's my AZ bull. While its no Utah genetic freak, i'm insanly excited. I chased this bull for 3 1/2 hours last saturday night. I had him at 90 yards, only to have the wind swirl! Although he was busy destroying a tree, 21 cows were not happy that we were stinking up their meadow! So, they spun and left the country, with him. Sunday morning, we got back on the bull at 0530. So began an 8 1/2 hour baby sitting session. Neat little games of naps, busted but not and a lot of patience. When we finally manuvered our way through the cows, we found mister bull standing in some dark timber, apparently dosing off but still standing. He presented no shot and I was pinned down by a cow at about 60 yards. Finally, he took a step to the right, putting his front shoulder between two ponderosa's, the I put a 290 grain FB-Maximum right through his shoulder, lungs and out of the neck! He humped, jumped, spun and died right there. All on video by the way! Well, 10 preference points and 350 inckes of antler later, I'm ready to go on my New Mexico bull hunt next weekend! Thanks guys.

posted Hide Post
Congrats on a very impressive bull!!!

Posts: 14 | Location: Vacaville, CA | Registered: 24 September 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Ivan
posted Hide Post
Heck of a bull. Congrats.

Very nice field photos as well.

Posts: 576 | Location: The Green Fields | Registered: 11 February 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bobby Tomek
posted Hide Post
That is a tremendous bull. thumb

Congratulations!!!

Bobby
Μολὼν λαβέ
The most important thing in life is not what we do but how and why we do it. - Nana Mouskouri

Posts: 9376 | Location: Shiner TX USA | Registered: 19 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Mary Hilliard-Krueger
posted Hide Post
Congrats! Stupendous bull taken in some beautiful country.

Taxidermist/Rugmaker

Posts: 904 | Location: Phoenix, Arizona | Registered: 12 April 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of x-caliber
posted Hide Post
Wow, where are all of these big bulls coming from? I leave for Colorado next week, but I think that you guys have killed every elk in the West! Great story, great elk, thanks for sharing and congratulations! beer

Posts: 867 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 10 October 2002Reply With Quote