Find
Notify
Tools

antelope photos
 Login/Join

<PWN>
posted
 -

Shot this antelope near Arlington, Wyoming September 20, 2003 about 7:15pm. The range for the shot was 296 yards and taken just after my uncle killed a doe running with this buck at 266 yards. I shot him with an old Sears M-53 (push feed M-70 copy) in 270 Winchester loaded with Hornady Interbond 130 grain factorty loads. My uncle used a Ruger 257 Roberts. We had spotted this buck and 5 does on a high remote plateau the day before and wanted to take both at the same time.

-

This wasn't the most comfortable way to carry one, but it beat trying to drag him the 2.5 miles back to the ATV.

Perry

[ 09-30-2003, 18:29: Message edited by: PWN ]

one of us
posted Hide Post
Nice animal Perry! Weidmannsheil! - mike

Posts: 6653 | Location: Switzerland | Registered: 11 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Ivan
posted Hide Post
I've packed a couple out like that... The one thing I hated about it was how bloody you get. I now use a medium sized back pack, I can quarter one in about 30min and throw it in the pack and go. Its a lot cleaner and much easier on the shoulders...

Congrats

Ivan

Posts: 576 | Location: The Green Fields | Registered: 11 February 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bob in TX
posted Hide Post
Hey Perry,

Congrats on a great hunt! That will keep you in shape!

Bob

Posts: 3065 | Location: Hondo, Texas USA | Registered: 28 August 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of BOWHUNR
posted Hide Post
PWN,

Congratulations, nice speed goat! Call me crazy, but why not leave your gear with the goat, go get the ATV, and haul it all out with ease? Maybe I've been doing it wrong! [Wink] [Big Grin]

BOWHUNR

Posts: 636 | Location: Omaha, NE U.S.A. | Registered: 28 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
He looks like a good one.

My wife and I both took our Antelope on September the 26th, in unit 42. I've been scouting Region A, ever since for the November deer hunt.

I'll try to post a couple of photos tonight.

I bet the wife really likes your cologne, after that pack job. Nothing the smell of Antelope. [Smile]

Posts: 802 | Location: Alabama, USA | Registered: 26 June 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Nice 'Lope!!!! What kind of wound channel did you get with the interbonds?

Posts: 264 | Location: Big Sky Country, MT | Registered: 12 October 2001Reply With Quote