New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pics of my 9pt.
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Here are some pics of the 9pt I took on Monday in VA. Not real wide, but a pretty rack for sure.
I shot him in a section of hardwoods about 80 yards away, from my tree stand. I was using my T/C Encore in .270 winchester, with 140gr Hornady (Light Magnum) factory load. One shot quarter toward me. It entered high behind the shoulder, and exited low in the ribcage on the off side. The bullet took out both lungs and part of the liver. He made it about 75 yards from where I shot him, and was down for good. He dressed out just over 140 pounds. First deer of the year for me, as I got nothing during our bow season; but definitly worth the wait!! [Wink]
 -
 -

[ 11-20-2003, 23:59: Message edited by: Mark G ]

Posts: 358 | Location: Stafford, Virginia | Registered: 14 August 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of JeffP
posted Hide Post
Very nice buck Mark.
Congrats
Jeff

Posts: 2482 | Location: Alaska....At heart | Registered: 17 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of TXPO
posted Hide Post
Damn nice deer! You should be proud!

Posts: 700 | Location: Wallis, Texas | Registered: 14 October 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Nice buck Mark. Awsome choice of caliber also [Big Grin]

Posts: 2045 | Location: West most midwestern town. | Registered: 13 June 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of todbartell
posted Hide Post
Nice lookin animal, congrats [Smile]

Posts: 857 | Location: BC, Canada | Registered: 03 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Smallfry, I concure, the "improved 30-06" or AKA .270Win; is one of my favorites [Big Grin] !

Posts: 358 | Location: Stafford, Virginia | Registered: 14 August 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Great deer! Hope he ends up on your wall so you can enjoy the hunt over and over. [Big Grin]

Posts: 1346 | Location: NE | Registered: 03 March 2002Reply With Quote