THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AMERICAN BIG GAME HUNTING FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  American Big Game Hunting    Re: best place to shoot a whitetail??

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: best place to shoot a whitetail??
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of WyoJoe
posted
Quote:

I hunt with a 270 win and im relatively new to deer hunting and i was wandering wheres the best place to shoot for a INSTANT kill?( theres alot of private property near i hunt and i cant hunt it)
thanks

I got my deer this year with a neck shot with the .270. He was dead before he hit the ground.

Posts: 1172 | Location: Cheyenne, WY | Registered: 15 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Reloader
posted Hide Post
When I am in a situation where I need to anchor the animal on the spot, I shoot for the high shoulder where the spine dips down. If you look at a bone diagram of a deer , you'll see what I'm talking about. When hit high in the shoulder (not too high) you'll only lose a little bit of meat off of the top of the shoulders and if placed right it will go bellow the back straps.

I've laid down some pretty goodens' w/ that shot.

Good Luck!

Reloader

Posts: 4146 | Location: North Louisiana | Registered: 18 February 2004Reply With Quote