THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AMERICAN BIG GAME HUNTING FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  American Big Game Hunting    Recommendations for Texas Whitetail Outfitter/Ranch?

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Recommendations for Texas Whitetail Outfitter/Ranch?
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Teat Hound
posted
Howdy men,

For 2006, I’m looking to do some whitetail hunting in good ol’ Texas. Can anyone recommend a decent outfitter for such? I’ve been searching the web, but am a bit overwhelmed by all the places I’ve found. I decided to ask you folks, hoping that someone in AR land might have some experience there. Please feel free to PM me if you don’t want to share your prized whitetail spot with the rest of the world.

Thanks in advance for any responses. I’ve been dying to hunt whitetails for a few years, so this a big deal for me.

-eric

" . . . a gun is better worn and with bloom off---So is a saddle---People too by God." -EH

Posts: 952 | Location: Bakersfield, California | Registered: 03 June 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Charles_Helm
posted Hide Post
It would help to have an approximate idea of your budget or expectations.

I'm not suggesting that you would pick out a deer in advance, but if you want a good opportunity at a low-fenced 150-class plus buck, that is a different proposition than a hunt for a 130-class buck. If you really want an excellent chance at a 160-170 class buck, that is a whole different matter as well.

Posts: 8773 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: 24 April 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Teat Hound
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Charles_Helm:
It would help to have an approximate idea of your budget or expectations.

I'm not suggesting that you would pick out a deer in advance, but if you want a good opportunity at a low-fenced 150-class plus buck, that is a different proposition than a hunt for a 130-class buck. If you really want an excellent chance at a 160-170 class buck, that is a whole different matter as well.

Sorry, I guess I could have mentioned that. I'm budgeting $3000-$4000, which I think will get me into the 130-class buck range. Am I off in my estimate?

-eric

" . . . a gun is better worn and with bloom off---So is a saddle---People too by God." -EH

Posts: 952 | Location: Bakersfield, California | Registered: 03 June 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
TH

The ranch we work with in Texas offers a flat fee hunt at $3500 for a buck up to 140 B&C. Much larger bucks are available but the price goes up in proportion to their score.

We also have private land mule deer hunts in Wyoming for mule deer or whitetail at the same price. Here mulies of 160+ are a reasonable expectation. The whitetails should be in the 130-150 class. Kill has been virtually 100% over the last 5 years.

If you'd like more details contact me anytime.

Regards,

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
MARK'S EXCLUSIVE ADVENTURES
7094 Oakleigh Dr. Las Vegas, NV 89110
Office 702-848-1693
Cell, Whats App, Signal 307-250-1156 PREFERRED
E-mail markttc@msn.com
Check us out on https://www.facebook.com/pages...ures/627027353990716

Posts: 13004 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Eric, try kingranch.com. I do not know their whitetail prices and expect your maximun may be right at our just under their minimum. Makes for some good reading in any event. Good luck.

Posts: 1324 | Registered: 17 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Here is another option:
http://www.rbdeerhunting.com/

Richard Bennett is a good guy, you should have a very good chance at at 130 class buck and 150-160's are there...

Posts: 1416 | Location: Texas | Registered: 02 May 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Charles_Helm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Teat Hound:
Sorry, I guess I could have mentioned that. I'm budgeting $3000-$4000, which I think will get me into the 130-class buck range. Am I off in my estimate?

You should be able to do that. Hopefully some people here can give you references from hunts they have been on. I have mostly hunted private leases but will try to get together some possibilties of places I know by reputation. It will be later this afternoon or tonight.

Posts: 8773 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: 24 April 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Eric, you might also try duvalcountyranch.com. They will have what you seek and are owned by an old line S. Texas fam. Good luck.

Posts: 1324 | Registered: 17 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Treat,
Check out my website or contact me. I have several options with low and high fenced and 140+ class deer. I'd be glad to help you out.

The Hunt goes on forever, the season never ends.

I didn't learn this by reading about it or seeing it on TV. I learned it by doing it.

Posts: 729 | Location: Central TX | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With Quote