THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AMERICAN BIG GAME HUNTING FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  American Big Game Hunting    question for black bear bioligists/experts

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

question for black bear bioligists/experts
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
heres the deal,i been hunting the face of a mt.
for the past 6 yrs.
maybe 2000' of elevation by 6 miles w/ 3 good sized cricks coming out of it.
its taken 25 yrs to find but is THE best black bear hunting i have found in n.wyo
i've taken 6 bears out of the area in 6 yrs and see 3-6 bears a yr(spring season)
the top is under snow till late june.
i don't want to over hunt the area and mash the population,yet i don't know how much hunting it will stand.
have only taken mature boars 8-12 yrs of age,
i know without some time in the area it will be hard to judge what it will sustain but is there any info someone could pass on so i can decide
if i'm going to do any damage to the "herd"
they're not on top,the snow is too deep.
but maybe coming from there.
the face greens up and thats where i find them.
seem to only see boars there as i have seen no sows w/cubs in the area and only a couple i could positivly identify as sows (boars chasing them)
n.wyo isn't known for lots of BBs at least i havn't seen the evidence in 30+ yrs of pounding around here.
think the BB success rate is less than 15% in the state.
thanks for any info

Posts: 2141 | Location: enjoying my freedom in wyoming | Registered: 13 January 2006Reply With Quote