THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AMERICAN BIG GAME HUNTING FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  American Big Game Hunting    Re: Are there any Over the counter tags for Mt,Wy,Co ?

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: Are there any Over the counter tags for Mt,Wy,Co ?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
WGF distributes leftover licenses to license sellers in August, so if there is anything left, you can buy them over the counter at those places. Call their Cheyenne office, they can tell you where licenses for different hunt areas were sent for sale. You'll defenitely want to find a place you can hunt before you buy a leftover license though, most of those licenses are in areas dominated by private land. Good luck!

Posts: 28 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: 01 March 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I was wondering if any one knew if there were any over the counter tags for Wyoming ,Montana or Colorada.I was looking for Elk,Pronghorn or deer tags.

Posts: 2534 | Registered: 21 December 2003Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Colorado has plenty of OTC tags for elk. Pronghorn & deer are draw/leftover only.

http://wildlife.state.co.us/Brochures/BigGame/index.asp

Good luck.

John

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Wyoming has some left over elk tags. See their website doe areas and details. There should be left over deer tags too.
Art/Wyoming

One of Us
Picture of Junior
posted Hide Post
Montana has over the counter doe antelope tags available usually every year. Not sure what may be left right now, as I am sitting in Camp Fallujah, Iraq but one can buy 2 usually well into the season. Best bet is to head into the 700 region. This will be the first year in about 8 that I have not had the opportunity to hunt this fall in Eastern Montana, due to military commitments but call the Fish and Wildlife office in Miles City for any additional information. Access to land is good if you utilize the block managemment program.

Posts: 56 | Location: Stuttgart, Germany | Registered: 23 August 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Junior
posted Hide Post
.... Oh yea you can also buy 2 over the counter doe deer tags, usually either species but check with the fish and game as to specifics....

Posts: 56 | Location: Stuttgart, Germany | Registered: 23 August 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
DGR

Wyoming had a load of left over antelope tags but mostly for areas with almost all private land. You have to physically go to the Cheyenne G&F office to pick them up. It might be a good idea to call WY,G&F.

Regards,

Mark

Posts: 12923 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I was headed through those states though I would see if there was anything I could hunt.I like montana never been to Wy or Co.

Posts: 2534 | Registered: 21 December 2003Reply With Quote