Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Aoudad Hunting Trip Suggestions
 Login/Join

posted
Hey guys, it's been a long time since I've posted on here. Haven't been on a hunting trip in quite a few years (got married, had a kid, etc), but I'm in the process of trying to put together an Aoudad hunting trip with a buddy of mine. I'm far more interested in the free range options as opposed to the high fence ranches. With so many outfitters out there, especially in Texas, who has some recommendations on who to try and book with?

I know they can be hunted virtually year round, but would most likely be looking at either February or March of 2019 or 2020. I know it may be a little late in the game to get a hunt booked for this coming year.

If anyone has any thoughts or names of outfitters, I would appreciate it. I know the costs on these hunts can be all over the place, looking for something a little more on the affordable side.

Thanks ya'll and happy hunting!

Dan

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Mulie mike on this board takes some outstanding ones.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hi Dan:

Glad you're back among us. Wimmen and kids will
play hell with our hunting games.
Hope you get it worked out where you can go.

Don't see where you're located.

Take a look on the hunt offerings, some are discounted, others are not.
Whole bunch of various hunts and animals are listed there.

Good luck and have fun,
George

"Gun Control is NOT about Guns'
"It's about Control!!"
Join the NRA today!"

LM: NRA, DAV,

George L. Dwight

Posts: 5962 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: 31 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I don’t go on a lot of guided hunts. However, for years I looked at doing a free range Aoudad Hunt. I finally booked with MulieMike a year a go. The hunt was everything I hoped for- great Outfitter, great guide, lots of animals, free range, very good price, and I took a great ram.

I would absolutely do this hunt again!

Posts: 2648 | Location: Utah | Registered: 23 February 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
muley mike and devils river and clint

Posts: 13446 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of boarkiller
posted Hide Post
On my bucket list

" Until the day breaks and the nights shadows flee away " Big ivory for my pillow and 2.5% of Neanderthal DNA flowing thru my veins.
When I'm ready to go, pack a bag of gunpowder up my ass and strike a fire to my pecker, until I squeal like a boar.
Yours truly , Milan The Boarkiller - World according to Milan
PS I have big boar on my floor...but it ain't dead, just scared to move...

Man should be happy and in good humor until the day he dies...
Only fools hope to live forever
“ Hávamál”

Posts: 13376 | Location: In mountains behind my house hunting or drinking beer in Blacksmith Brewery in Stevensville MT or holed up in Lochsa | Registered: 27 December 2012Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of MacD37
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mad Dog's Son:
Hey guys, it's been a long time since I've posted on here. Haven't been on a hunting trip in quite a few years (got married, had a kid, etc), but I'm in the process of trying to put together an Aoudad hunting trip with a buddy of mine. I'm far more interested in the free range options as opposed to the high fence ranches. With so many outfitters out there, especially in Texas, who has some recommendations on who to try and book with?

I know they can be hunted virtually year round, but would most likely be looking at either February or March of 2019 or 2020. I know it may be a little late in the game to get a hunt booked for this coming year.

If anyone has any thoughts or names of outfitters, I would appreciate it. I know the costs on these hunts can be all over the place, looking for something a little more on the affordable side.

Thanks ya'll and happy hunting!

Dan

Phone No (281)391-9252

40-000 acres near Marfa Texas. deal directly with the land owner. this is free range Aoudad hunting. Give them a call. Their web-site is: www.Hunting-Texas.net

I'm going there myself in the fall!

………………...Good luck! old

....Mac >>>===(x)===> MacD37, ...and DUGABOY1
DRSS Charter member
"If I die today, I've had a life well spent, for I've been to see the Elephant, and smelled the smoke of Africa!"~ME 1982

Hands of Old Elmer Keith

Posts: 14634 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Bubba Glosson has excellent are in West Texas and takes some monsters

Posts: 1195 | Location: Billings,MT | Registered: 24 July 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of MacD37
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by twilli:
Bubba Glosson has excellent are in West Texas and takes some monsters

Bubba Glosson lives in El Paso, Texas, and has been producing on fine hunts for several years. He is expensive but does produce results on several ranches in West Texas as well!

I've never heard anything bad about his hunts. So he is IMO a good selection as well.

……………………………...Good hunting! oldMac

....Mac >>>===(x)===> MacD37, ...and DUGABOY1
DRSS Charter member
"If I die today, I've had a life well spent, for I've been to see the Elephant, and smelled the smoke of Africa!"~ME 1982

Hands of Old Elmer Keith

Posts: 14634 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote