THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AMERICAN BIG GAME HUNTING FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  American Big Game Hunting    Re: SCREW THE RMEF, B&C, AND THE DAMN WOLVES!

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: SCREW THE RMEF, B&C, AND THE DAMN WOLVES!
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Ensure the future of elk, other wildlife and their habitat. The organization�s top priority has never changed�offsetting habitat loss, the principal threat to elk country.

That is the RMEF's mission. It has preserved four million acres of habitat so far. Their mission is not to make shooting an elk easier for you. If you cannot understand how the RMEF helps the future of hunting, then don't join, but why come here and rip them for doing exactly what they say they're going to do?

And suggesting corruption on their part with no evidence is completely irresponsible. Or do you have evidence you would like to share with us?

Posts: 66 | Location: Cheyenne, WY | Registered: 15 August 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of TJ
posted Hide Post
I'll add this to the discussion.
This is a direct quote from, "Wolf-Moose Investigations on the Kenai National Wildlife Refuge." Author....Dr. Rolf Peterson. He spend 5-6 years studying the wolves on the Kenai Peninsula before he wrote this. He is a World renown expert on wolves.

Page 19,"..average prey consumption was probably more on the order of 0.15 kg per kg of wolf per day, or 15% of body weight daily."

Page 67, "The average kill rate in winter was 1 moose per pack every 4.7 days,"
Some simple math says each pack will kill 77.6 moose per year. How many packs do they have there?
You could probably insert deer/elk/antelope in place of moose and the figures would be similar.

Posts: 948 | Location: Kenai, Ak. USA | Registered: 05 November 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Very well put Varmit! The basic start of this thread was the RMEF and B&C. I have said it before many times on this forum and will say it again. The support of the (illegal) introduction, of Canadian Wolves, was whole heartedly blessed by the upper echelon of the RMEF. And I don't nor will I ever support them again. They contradict thier own mission statement.

Right out of a Bugle magazine.

"Conserving, restoring, and enhancing natural habitats."

"Promoting the sound management of wild, free ranging elk,which may be hunted or otherwise enjoyed"

"Fostering cooperation among federal, state and private organizations and individuals in wildlife management and habitat conservation; and educating members and the public about habitat conservation, the value of hunting, hunting ethics and wildlife managment"

How does supporting a large preditor that is decimating elk herds have anything to do with conserving, restoring, or enhancing elk? I did not expect them to throw a fit or start huge law suits, they could have just publicly denounced the wolf introduction and been on the side of the elk instead of on the side of the wolf and its supporters.

Posts: 10478 | Location: N.W. Wyoming | Registered: 22 February 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I am pretty sick of the RMEF and Boone and Crocket club. I don't know that old Teddy Roosevelt would have hunted on a game ranch, but there isn't going to be much left but game ranches in 50 years. All the public land will be on a draw basis, most ranches big enough not to fence will be $$$$$.

Screw the wolves, the RMEF, and the B&C.

We have got to stick together or we won't be hunting 50 years from now. The bowhunters need to come around too. I am tired of them being the only ones on the mountain during the rut. We need different leadership and new management.

If we all lose our hunting birthright, we won't have anyone but ourselves to blame.

JOIN SAFARI CLUB AND THE NRA THE ONLY TRUE PRO-HUNTING OUTFITS!

Just had to vent!

Posts: 228 | Location: Spain Jerez (Cadiz) | Registered: 08 December 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I agree. RMEF is becoming very green. I bet some corruption could be uncoverd if some one dug deep enough. To much good ol boy stuff. As for B&C I have no idea what they are about and could really care less.

With the RMEF many outfitters support them, but then the RMEF supports the illegal wolf introdcution, which is and will have a negative affect on elk. It makes my head spin. Why would you support an organization that is hell bent on destroying your livelyhood?

Posts: 10478 | Location: N.W. Wyoming | Registered: 22 February 2003Reply With Quote