THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AMERICAN BIG GAME HUNTING FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  American Big Game Hunting    Are there any elk guilds out west that supply the tag?

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Are there any elk guilds out west that supply the tag?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I'm just curious if any elk guildes supply the tag to avoid entering the lottery system. It would be nice for a non resident to be able to plan a hunt without worrying about winning a lottery system.

Posts: 521 | Registered: 30 September 2012Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Colorado Bob
posted Hide Post
Yes. There are plenty of land owner tags supplied by outfitters. I know that NM & CO are two states that have them. Pretty sure Utah also has them. They are pricey & you'll have to only hunt that ranch. You can't use that tag any where else.

You can also hunt some of the Reservations with tags supplied by the tribe. Some really big bulls come from the Reservations & they cost really big money.

Posts: 601 | Location: Colorado | Registered: 09 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Rio Grande Outfitters has private land owner vouchers for unit 76, a trophy unit, but they are not cheap.

He is in Pagosa Springs, CO and most likely has a web site.

Guns and hunting

Posts: 1119 | Registered: 07 February 2017Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Yes! It can be expensive but in a lot of Colorado and New Mexico you can just buy a hunt. I have them from $7,500-$17,500 dependent on area and size of bull you're interested in.

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
MARK'S EXCLUSIVE ADVENTURES
7094 Oakleigh Dr. Las Vegas, NV 89110
Office 702-848-1693
Cell, Whats App, Signal 307-250-1156 PREFERRED
E-mail markttc@msn.com
Check us out on https://www.facebook.com/pages...ures/627027353990716

Posts: 13024 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ted thorn
posted Hide Post
Understand!!!!

A landowner voucher is NOT a licence.

You must still buy the licence after you acquire the voucher.

Posts: 7361 | Location: South East Missouri | Registered: 23 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Absolutely. I hunted and killed a bull elk in the ID rockies last year with Mile High Outfitters and they provide the license/tag. Rugged wilderness hunt.

Posts: 2717 | Location: NH | Registered: 03 February 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Buglemintoday
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Norton:
Absolutely. I hunted and killed a bull elk in the ID rockies last year with Mile High Outfitters and they provide the license/tag. Rugged wilderness hunt.

Did you share a hunting report on here from there? I looked at the website and it looks like a good place to hunt. I like how the owner? of the outfitter tells it like it is. The success rate section was worth the read. I'd book a hunt with him.

"Let me start off with two words: Made in America"

Posts: 3326 | Location: Permian Basin | Registered: 16 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I would also be interested in a hunt report for the idaho outfitter. Sounds like a fun hunt

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Although I heard that the elk hunting in idaho has taken a hit due to wolf activity. Is thus the case?

One of Us
Picture of touchdown88
posted Hide Post
Utah has landowner tags available under the CWMU program. Some of the tags are probably already sold out and you must hunt on private ranches. A simple Google search will help you find ranches with tags available.

Posts: 345 | Location: Ogden, Utah | Registered: 13 November 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by steel:
Although I heard that the elk hunting in idaho has taken a hit due to wolf activity. Is thus the case?

10 years ago evidently it was decimated to the point of no ungulates left. The wolves ate everything and then started cannibalizing themselves until they all starved.....that's what I was told. Sounds like my outfitter was honest enough to suspend hunts during those years.

I'll try to write a report on my hunt one of these days. I shot a 300" bull but the herd bull I saw on day 1 was a toad....and he still lives. If I remembered how to post a pic here I'd do it.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
At about 6600' and around 800 yds. from the spike camp my guide and I rode into on horseback 6 hours from the air strip.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Buglemintoday:
quote:
Originally posted by Norton:

Did you share a hunting report on here from there? I looked at the website and it looks like a good place to hunt. I like how the owner? of the outfitter tells it like it is. The success rate section was worth the read. I'd book a hunt with him.

My buddy shot a lion Jan '18 with him and was impressed by how hard he worked to get it so 4 of us booked the elk hunt for Sep '18. We got 2 bulls and missed another. Great trip.....2 of us in our 50s and the other 2 in their 60s. None of us had any knees left by the time it was over. Downhills suck! You need to be in decent shape at a minimum for that hunt.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yes, I just set a hunt up in NM as Mark Young described. Do a little homework and use a reliable agent. No big deal.

Posts: 10376 | Location: Texas... time to secede!! | Registered: 12 February 2004Reply With Quote