Find
Notify
Tools

Need a sling?
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Blacktailer
posted
I bought a couple of these at the outdoor show in Sacramento a couple of weeks ago.
They work as advertised. If you are looking for a sling check it out.
http://specialtyoutdoorproducts.com/
I have no stake in this other than being a satisfied customer.

Have gun- Will travel
The value of a trophy is computed directly in terms of personal investment in its acquisition. Robert Ruark

Posts: 3830 | Location: Cave Creek, AZ | Registered: 09 August 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I've seen this sling before and was considering getting one, but your endorsement is very helpful. Thanks for sharing. AIU

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I got a couple from a lady that makes slings out of various coloured parachute cord. No special claims other than they look great.
look for paracordcraftsbypatrica. 907-317-1807

Aim for the exit hole

Posts: 4348 | Location: middle tenn | Registered: 09 December 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Interesting and I am always looking for a better sling.
Blacktailer, What did you like compared to a standard sling?

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.

Posts: 6644 | Location: Wasilla, Alaska | Registered: 22 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Blacktailer
posted Hide Post
The biggest advantage is that they don't slip off your shoulder. The material is grippy and stays put. Also they have just a little give so the rifle is cushioned as you walk but does not bounce. The way you can put the 2 straps over both shoulders really locks the rifle so you don't have to worry about it at all if you need to use both hands. I haven't tried it crawling on hands and knees which as anyone knows who has done this is a real PITA when you have a rifle but suspect it will work well for that also.
The only negatives as far as I can tell so far is that they are not as quick to get off your shoulder because of that grippiness and they are a little difficult to make adjustments.
They have a 1 year satisfaction guarantee so it seemed worth a try and they work as advertised.

Have gun- Will travel
The value of a trophy is computed directly in terms of personal investment in its acquisition. Robert Ruark

Posts: 3830 | Location: Cave Creek, AZ | Registered: 09 August 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks. Think I will order one soon and try them out.

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.

Posts: 6644 | Location: Wasilla, Alaska | Registered: 22 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of graybird
posted Hide Post
Snowwolfe,

If you are going up to the Denver Sportsman Expo this weekend, they have a booth. I saw them there yesterday.

Graybird

"Make no mistake, it's not revenge he's after ... it's the reckoning."

Posts: 3722 | Location: Okie in Falcon, CO | Registered: 01 July 2004Reply With Quote