New
Find
Notify
Tools

Hunting cougar with a 9-iron?
 Login/Join

<dewman>
posted
A friend of mine came by this afternoon with quite a story. Seems he was golfing with some friends at Terrace Lakes Golf Course (about three miles from where I live in Garden Valley, Idaho)
this morning, and they had to chase a naping cougar off the fairway on the 10th hole!

They actually had to drive their golf cart up and shoo him away!

I moved up here to get closer to nature, but this is getting out of hand! [Eek!]

dewman

one of us
Picture of CaptJack
posted Hide Post
Do you think it might be possible it was someone's pet cougar who was just out bein a lazy kitty?

<Zak>
posted
Lots of litter boxes around....
Just one more reason to stay out of the sand [Smile]

Zak

one of us
posted Hide Post
I don't know about a nine iron on cougar,but I used one on a couple rattlesnakes the other night and it worked real well.

Posts: 837 | Location: wyoming | Registered: 19 February 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
A friend once nailed a rat with a 3 wood. It landed in the neighbour's yard, so he called that one lost and as he didn't have another rat to continue he finished at one over for the night.
rz

Posts: 462 | Location: Coogee, Australia | Registered: 26 February 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
[Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

Posts: 1525 | Location: Hilliard Oh USA | Registered: 17 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Andre Mertens
posted Hide Post
With a 9,3 iron, why not ? [Big Grin]

Posts: 2420 | Location: Belgium | Registered: 25 August 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Dutch
posted Hide Post
20 below and kitties on the golf courses keeps the rif-raf out....... [Big Grin] [Wink] [Big Grin] [Wink] [Big Grin] [Wink]

It's been a long time since the last good winter.... Dutch.

Posts: 4564 | Location: Idaho Falls, ID, USA | Registered: 21 September 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Wstrnhuntr
posted Hide Post
Reminds me of having to share the 3rd "T" box at mountian dell with a cow moose and her calf. Of corse, we let them go first. [Big Grin]

Posts: 10170 | Location: Tooele, Ut | Registered: 27 September 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Saw my brother once chase down a groundhog with a 7-iron and bury it in the poor buggers head with a magnificent diving swing. It never twitched

Posts: 425 | Location: Ohio | Registered: 07 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
No offense, but why play golf in Idaho? There is more hunting, fishing and shooting to be done than a guy can get through in a lifetime.

Posts: 18352 | Location: Salt Lake City, Utah USA | Registered: 20 April 2002Reply With Quote
<Oleman>
posted
And you thought those big holes filled with kitty litter next to the greens were sand traps.

one of us
Picture of Dutch
posted Hide Post
Golfers in Idaho? Yeah, we got them. I actually used to work next to a course in Twin Falls, in the bottom of the Snake River canyon.

Because of the chance of ricochet's, centerfire's are not allowed. Predictably, the golf courses down there have a VERY healthy population of rock chucks.

One of the funniest things I have ever seen was when one of the duffers hit a ball onto the green. Then the rockchucks would run up, grab the ball, and take off with it! I thought I was going to bust a gut laughing..... Dutch.

Posts: 4564 | Location: Idaho Falls, ID, USA | Registered: 21 September 2000Reply With Quote
<dave3220>
posted
A neighbor here in inland north central Wash. killed a cougar after her goats with a variety of doemstic/agricultural instruments.
I think the one of most use in the endevour was a hay fork...

Dave 3220

one of us
posted Hide Post
How can we intelligently comment if a nine iron was the appropriate club when you don't even share the yardage with us.

Posts: 199 | Location: North Central Indiana | Registered: 09 September 2002Reply With Quote