Find
Notify
Tools

Ariel's 5th deer
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of PWN375
posted

This is a photo of my daughter, Ariel's, 5th deer. She turned 18 on the 19th and took this deer the next morning on opening day. She was shooting her CZ, 527, 7.62X39 with a Leupold fixed 4 power scope. The shot was about 50 yards right through the heart. We hunted in Natal in 2007 and our tracker called her Mamba because she only struck once and was always deadly.

She is a remarkable young lady with intelligence much beyond her genetics and is a very cool hand with a rifle. She will be off to college next year and eventually law school and we probably won't get to hunt much together for a few years. I am going to miss her but we have enjoyed some great hunts the past 10 years and I hope we can have a few more over breaks and such. Maybe she will even take her old man on a few hunts when she lands a great job someday.

This is a photo of her first deer. Man does time fly by. These photos made me misty eyed this afternoon.

Perry

Posts: 1144 | Location: Green Country Oklahoma | Registered: 16 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PWN375:
We hunted in Natal in 2007 and our tracker called her Mamba because she only struck once and was always deadly. ...
Congratulations to Mamba. tu2

Sure would be nice if tieing a Rock on top of their heads slowed them down a bit. old

Posts: 9920 | Location: Carolinas, USA | Registered: 22 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Charles_Helm
posted Hide Post
Congratulations to you both -- very well done. You are justly proud of her.

Posts: 8773 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: 24 April 2004Reply With Quote