THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AMERICAN BIG GAME HUNTING FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  American Big Game Hunting    One wolf won't be eating no more caribou or moose.

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

One wolf won't be eating no more caribou or moose.
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Just got my trophies back from the tannery in Alaska yesterday. Included was a big wolf I was lucky enough to whack.

What an awesome trophy ! Hanging by the nose on the wall, the pelt stretches out about 6' long. The fur is gorgeous.

Took three trips to AK before I even saw a wolf. Feel damn fortunate to have some good photos and the pelt from this one. Looks like I need a wolverine now to complete my "mean critters from Alaska" set.

Posts: 199 | Location: North Central Indiana | Registered: 09 September 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Steiny,

Congrats on the trophy! I was in The Yukon last year and really wanted to add a wolf to the hunt but saw none [Frown] . Again, Congratulations!

Regards,

JohnTheGreek

Posts: 4697 | Location: North Africa and North America | Registered: 05 July 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Hallelujah! Wolves are doing unbelievable damage up here to moose. Where did you get it?

A wolverine is one of the top trophies up here.

Posts: 4168 | Location: Texas | Registered: 18 June 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Steiny:
Looks like I need a wolverine now to complete my "mean critters from Alaska" set.

Steiny,
I'm impressed! Most visitors to Alaska never "bag" the "left-wing-antigun-save the whale-hug-a-tree-ers," the most vicious of the vicious critters we have! [Eek!] Glad to see that you are keeping the population down! [Big Grin] Now for that wolverine...best of luck! [Smile]
best,
bhtr

Posts: 223 | Location: Soldotna, Alaska | Registered: 29 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Congratulations. Here in Alberta this year, wolves are open to anyone with a valid big game licence, I'm told. Lot's of tracks, too. Maybe it's time for a new rug. - Dan

Posts: 5285 | Location: Alberta | Registered: 05 October 2001Reply With Quote