New
Find
Notify
Tools

Where to buy a moose?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I know that this is off topic but there are always helpful people on this African hunting forum.

My newly married niece wants to buy a moose their new home. It seems that her husband likes the looks of mine hanging over the fireplace. Neither is a hunter so getting their own is out of the question. They live near Kansas City.

Any suggestions?

Posts: 276 | Location: hendersonville, nc 28739 | Registered: 18 June 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of bwanajcj
posted Hide Post
There are always some for sale on ebay, or you can contact your local taxidermist they always have some that people decide they did not want or could not afford.

LostHorizonsOutfitters.com
----------------------------
"You may all go to hell, and I will go to Texas"
Davy Crockett 1835

Posts: 696 | Location: Texas, where else! | Registered: 18 July 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Will
posted Hide Post
Dang, I already gave mine away! Sorry.

-------------------------------
Will Stewart / Once you've been amongst them, there is no such thing as too much gun.
---------------------------------------
and, God Bless John Wayne.

NRA Benefactor Member, GOA, N.A.G.R.

"Elephant and Elephant Guns" $99 shipped
“Hunting Africa's Dangerous Game" $20 shipped.

red.dirt.elephant@gmail.com

Hoping to wind up where elephant hunters go.

Posts: 19362 | Location: Ocala Flats | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Ron

Why not have them help pay for your next moose hunt thumb

Elmo

Posts: 586 | Location: paloma,ca | Registered: 20 February 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of bwanajcj
posted Hide Post
Now, thats a great idea!!!!!! that way you can tell them it came from the heart.

LostHorizonsOutfitters.com
"You may all go to hell, and I will go to Texas"
Davy Crockett 1835

Posts: 696 | Location: Texas, where else! | Registered: 18 July 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Elmo

Nice try and a great idea!

These are newlyweds trying to make car payments and a house payment.

Posts: 276 | Location: hendersonville, nc 28739 | Registered: 18 June 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Will
posted Hide Post
How about a Cape Buffalo mount that has been sitting in the barn for 10 years. Rustic but free!

-------------------------------
Will Stewart / Once you've been amongst them, there is no such thing as too much gun.
---------------------------------------
and, God Bless John Wayne.

NRA Benefactor Member, GOA, N.A.G.R.

"Elephant and Elephant Guns" $99 shipped
“Hunting Africa's Dangerous Game" $20 shipped.

red.dirt.elephant@gmail.com

Hoping to wind up where elephant hunters go.

Posts: 19362 | Location: Ocala Flats | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Go to http://www.taxidermy.net/ and post.
lots of stuff trades hands, I would expect to pay at least a grand for a small one.

Posts: 10478 | Location: N.W. Wyoming | Registered: 22 February 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Ivan
posted Hide Post
Give Tony or Don a call at 406-682-7153 at antlers unlimited... They probably have one or two for sale. I will warn you, the price of the trophy won't be cheap, the price of shipping is going to have to be for freight and crate. I would ventrue to guess that the shipping of a moose mount will run you from $250+...

good luck

Posts: 576 | Location: The Green Fields | Registered: 11 February 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of LDHunter
posted Hide Post
RonL,

The solution to this problem is immediately apparent to me. thumb

Sell them your mount. homer

That will help you finance your next moose hunt and what could be better than that? roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao

$bob$

Posts: 2494 | Location: NW Florida Piney Woods | Registered: 28 December 2001Reply With Quote
One Of Us
posted Hide Post
Hi Ron!

I've got a friend with a couple of Taxidermy Moose mounts for sale. One is a 55" monster and the other probably high 30"s, low 40"s wide.

I will P.M. you. Great prices too!

One Of Us
posted Hide Post
Shipping of a large moose mount from N.Y. state to Colorado was only $167.00 USD via FedEx Ground for my cousin. Crating was free.

Some taxidermists will inflate shipping costs to increase their profit. Make sure that they only charge you actual shipping costs.

If any of you need anything shipped from Quebec or N.Y. state to elsewhere across the U.S., let me know. I have a friend that regularly trucks down and has a U.S. F&W permit to cross the border. He ships with FedEx Ground and has high discounts on pricing. He will not charge anywhere near $250USD for even a large Moose.

one of us
posted Hide Post
There are presently four heads on ebay. I would graciously volunteer my time to go and shoot them one, if they pay for it Big Grin

DGK

Let us speak courteously, deal fairly, and keep ourselves armed and ready

Theodore Roosevelt

Posts: 1317 | Location: eastern Iowa | Registered: 13 December 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
LL Bean at one time had a chocolate moose - I lb of chocolate in the shape of a moose. One of the canadian whiskey makers had a very nice store display - a head of a moose made of cardboard. You could also make one of paper mache.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Cabelas had some kind of mount, either european or a replica head!

Posts: 10478 | Location: N.W. Wyoming | Registered: 22 February 2003Reply With Quote