Find
Notify
Tools

Wyoming Bison priority ranking
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Anyone get a low number.

My oldest son had our lowest, 83. So probably no bison hunt this year.

Posts: 10478 | Location: N.W. Wyoming | Registered: 22 February 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MOA TACTICAL
posted Hide Post
It is kind of tough that they made it once in a lifetime.

My father drew a cow tag a few years ago. Shot a 2 year old cow and had some fantastic meet.

If we end up int he lower 48 I think it is worth putting our name on the list. Much more interesting hunt that the Custer State Park.

Posts: 955 | Location: Until I am back North of 60. | Registered: 07 October 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
3100+ for me, OUCH !!

Posts: 2141 | Location: enjoying my freedom in wyoming | Registered: 13 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of GoWyo
posted Hide Post
I don't know Kudu, I've heard that if you are under 150 the odds are VERY good that you'll get the call.

I however won't, as I have #497, my lowest number in several years.

My brother in law drew #12 several years ago. He shot a dandy bull with my Shiloh .45-70 about 2 miles S-SW of the Hatchet motel.

We had a friend that got one two years later, #17. I don't know anyone since then. That's been 12+ years ago.

Damn right its loaded, it makes a lousy club. -JW

Posts: 399 | Location: Central Highlands of Wyoming | Registered: 02 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MrHawg
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kudu56:
Anyone get a low number.

My oldest son had our lowest, 83. So probably no bison hunt this year.

If I remember right at the Jackson season meeting they said there would be over 100 bull tags issued. Some of that will go to non-residents, but I'd guess you will be close.

Posts: 244 | Location: Margaritaville | Registered: 08 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
If I remember right at the Jackson season meeting they said there would be over 100 bull tags issued. Some of that will go to non-residents, but I'd guess you will be close.

Hmmmm! Thanks for the info. So maybe a hunt might be in the works. I love spending time over there. Especially in the fall.

Posts: 10478 | Location: N.W. Wyoming | Registered: 22 February 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Anybody fix me up with a linky to wgfd to check my priority # I've been trying to get into their web sight for half an hour... thanks Les

Posts: 431 | Location: Wyoming/ Idaho, St Joe river | Registered: 17 November 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post

one of us
posted Hide Post
We drew 334 and 547. Looks like another dry year.
Bill

Posts: 1088 | Location: Salt Lake City, Utah, USA | Registered: 19 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Vemo
posted Hide Post
I have been assigned a ranking number of 11!

JOIN SCI!

Posts: 318 | Location: 40N,105W | Registered: 01 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Winner,Winner,buffalo Dinner
Lots of them.Good luck

Posts: 2141 | Location: enjoying my freedom in wyoming | Registered: 13 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I did draw a cow bison this year, just wanted a freeze full of meat and to try out my 460 Weatherby Magnum jumping

Steve

Posts: 847 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: 13 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Vemo
posted Hide Post
If anybody could refer me to a Bison guide (unit 2) I would appreciate it.

JOIN SCI!

one of us
posted Hide Post
If anybody could refer me to a Bison guide (unit 2) I would appreciate it.

quote:
Steve Lefforge

one of us
posted Hide Post
My # is so high that I won a free commissioner's tag for the species of my choice.

Posts: 210 | Location: NW Wyoming | Registered: 20 February 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Posted 22 May 2012 00:50 Hide Post
My # is so high that I won a free commissioner's tag for the species of my choice.

want to explain?

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:

rotflmo

One of Us
Picture of Vemo
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ralphie:

ha, love it!

JOIN SCI!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Local friend is #77
ponies may get to take
a Big Wooly for a walk tu2

one of us
posted Hide Post
My son recieved paper work today. So #77 is a winner to. If my son shoots a bison he will have taken every legal, big game in Wyoming. Wolf and grizz might take a while.

one of us
Picture of GoWyo
posted Hide Post
true tall tale!! My buddy calls me up to ask if I received my draw number, Yeah 497 or something. He asks if 50 is a good number, I get all excited, then he proceeds to ask if it is still a good number with a 16 in front of it. 1650. Jerk... THEN about an hour later, I get a text from my sister asking if 49 is a good number. I just know that they're in cahoots. Yeah, yeah, tell Joe to stick it. Joe who she asks? Ok, I'll play along. Yep, 49 is ok, you might get called, etc. I was dubious until she sent me the pic of the letter! I got punked twice!! and I'll be packing bull buffalo come this fall.

LUCKY!!

Damn right its loaded, it makes a lousy club. -JW

Posts: 399 | Location: Central Highlands of Wyoming | Registered: 02 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Cheshire
posted Hide Post
Boss got #63 ! Several of us will go spot and help if he gets one. He deserves it awesome guy.

“The greatest happiness is to scatter your enemy before you, to see his cities reduced to ashes, hearing the old ones wail, to see those who love him shrouded in tears, and to gather into your bosom his wives and daughters, while riding his gelding.”
Genghis Khan

Posts: 174 | Location: Saratoga, Wyoming | Registered: 28 March 2010Reply With Quote