New
Find
Notify
Tools

Prices at Wally-World?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I stopped by the local Wal-Mart last night and was surprised to find that the SS/synthetic Ruger M77 was the highest priced rifle that was carried, coming in about $480. The other rifles were all blued (matte?) and had synthetic stalks, but were all priced for about $350 to $375 and were Remington M700�s and Winchester M70�s. I found this very surprising because I usually expect the Ruger to be the least expensive rifle and prices to go up from there. Is Wal-Mart getting some special rifles they can sell cheap, or do I just not shop around enough? Or is it that Wal-Mart doesn�t sell rifles with wood stalks and that makes a big price difference?

Ben

Posts: 90 | Location: Pullman, WA, USA | Registered: 03 April 2002Reply With Quote
<KBGuns>
posted
I was at Wally earlier today and saw the $350ish M70. Matte blue, plastic stock with molded trigger guard. That means no floor plate, hinged or other wise.

I also think the cheep-o Rem had its trigger guard molded into the stock, and a detachable magazine. Again no bottom metal and floor plate, hinged or other wise.

I am a Winchester fan, but both of these were ugly. The Rugers, I believe, still had full bottom metal and hinged floor plates.

Add $200+ to the Win or Rem for bottom metal with a hinged floor plate, not to mention a new stock to use it in, you end up on the far side fo the Ruger price.

Kristofer [Big Grin]

[ 12-12-2002, 02:37: Message edited by: KBGuns ]

one of us
posted Hide Post
Wal Mart M-70's here are push feed...........

Posts: 627 | Location: Niceville, Florida | Registered: 12 April 2001Reply With Quote