Find
Notify
Tools

Wife is ready for deer season
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of acsteele
posted
Just got back from the range, the wife will be using Hornady Custom 100gr. ammo in her Remington CDL, with Nikon 3X9X40 scope. I've been a little lazy about working up a load her rifle, but, the Hornady stuff is pretty accurate. She's shooting nice 1" groups, about 1.5" high at 100 yds. From her stand, she will have anything from 50 to 250 yard shots.
There are lots of does and small bucks in this area, with one 150 class buck showing up from time to time. Her ground blind is about 300yds. from my treestand, and I should be able to watch her shoot. She did hunt a couple of days last year,and saw some deer, but did not get a shot. I have her in a better location this year, with a lot of deer traffic in the area.

As much as I'd like to take that buck, it would be an awesome 1st. deer for a new hunter.

Lt. Robert J. Dole, 10th Mountain, Italy.

Posts: 609 | Location: South-central KS | Registered: 22 September 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
acsteele

I wish your wife the best of luck for the season. I will be looking forward to an after action report thumb

Fergus

Posts: 266 | Location: Australia | Registered: 14 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of acsteele
posted Hide Post
Well, the wife didn't get a buck. Had the big fella in her crosshairs yesterday afternoon, but past up on the shot.
I know she could have nailed it, but then again the two jackass, trespassing, idiots chasing it on four wheelers, made her hold off.
Unfortunatly, summary execution for criminal stupidity is still frowned upon here.
I had a chat with the land owner, while I was fixing his fence (they cut it, getting in the field, and again leaving) and I didn't want his cows out on the Hiway.
I have never seen the colors that fellas face changed into. Once we established I DIDN'T CUT THE FENCE, we had a nice conversation, and an open invite for quail the rest of this year, and Turkey and deer next season.

We can still fill her tag with a doe in the the Jan. season.

Happy Holidays!

Lt. Robert J. Dole, 10th Mountain, Italy.

Posts: 609 | Location: South-central KS | Registered: 22 September 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Charles_Helm
posted Hide Post
quote:
We can still fill her tag with a doe in the the Jan. season.

Good luck to her.

Posts: 8773 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: 24 April 2004Reply With Quote