Tools

Big Texas Cougar?
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of RREESE
posted
My brother-in-law sent me this:
Near BEAUMONT , Texas .

Look at what James Snipe hit with his car on county road 421 north of Beaumont Texas in Jefferson County .

The lion was still alive but unable to move, so our neighbor called animal control and they came and put him down.

A land owner had seen this one a week before dragging off a 320 lb steer. Our neighbor is an amateur taxidermist

and he's going to stuff him. This one weighed 260 lbs. while most mature male mountain lions weigh 80 to 150 lbs.

We had no idea they still roamed around here!

NRA Endowment Member

Posts: 269 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 23 January 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Not trying to be offensive, but wasn't this story going around a couple of years ago?
GWB

Posts: 23752 | Location: Pearland, Tx,, USA | Registered: 10 September 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Crazyhorseconsulting
posted Hide Post
That is really neat, I am sure that after Ike came ashore and washed away so many cattle and other livestock and deer and such, that cat was getting plenty hungry and bold in finding meals.

Thanks for posting the picture.

Even the rocks don't last forever.

Posts: 31014 | Location: Olney, Texas | Registered: 27 March 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
No doubt a huge cat. But I think it was actually hit by a truck in Northern Arizona. Then put down by a rabbit cop!

Posts: 10478 | Location: N.W. Wyoming | Registered: 22 February 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of sam308
posted Hide Post
i got the same pictures that said it was hit near wichita kansas

Posts: 344 | Location: Kansas | Registered: 27 July 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
CHC,

There is no doubt that that is a big cat, but as I said before, I received e-mails from some of my buds about this. It seems to me it was 3 to 4 years ago. I could be mistaken but I do not think this happened since Ike. As I recall it was in east texas near beaumont. Maybe some one else will chime in and have definate info.
GWB

Posts: 23752 | Location: Pearland, Tx,, USA | Registered: 10 September 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Did a google search on this.
Check out this at Snopes
http://www.snopes.com/photos/a...mountainlion2007.asp
GWB

one of us
posted Hide Post
No matter where it happened, that is one BIG cat.

Sure would like to see his twin brother on my deer lease.

DOUBLE RIFLE SHOOTERS SOCIETY

Posts: 16134 | Location: Texas | Registered: 06 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of RREESE
posted Hide Post
Well that settles it. Next time I go mountain lion hunting, I'm using an F 350!

NRA Endowment Member

Posts: 269 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 23 January 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I can relate, I've had my 97 F-350 for nine years this june. During that time I've taken two good whitetail bucks, a pretty nice ram and a turkey with mine. Come to think of it I also ran over a "Mercury Cougar" a couple of years ago. Amazing what a welded on ranch hand front bumper at 70 mph will do. Lots of penetration, but not much expansion.
GWB

One of Us
Picture of RREESE
posted Hide Post
jumping

NRA Endowment Member

One of Us
Picture of Jim Z.
posted Hide Post
That is one big SOB. Always carry enought gun!

BOOM

*we band of 45-70ers*
Whiskey for my men & beer for my horses!

Malon Labe!

Posts: 235 | Location: Oregon Territory | Registered: 16 November 2007Reply With Quote