Find
Notify
Tools

PMC Ammuniton
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Hi All,

If PMC ammo shoots well through your rifle or handgun, then nevermind my post. I was at the range a week ago getting ready for the season and tried out some cheap PMC 160 Grain 7mmRM cartridges. They made an 1.25" gone into a 6" gun. This was their base line of ammo, just want to give you guys the heads up or as the cliche says, "You get ehat you Pay for." With Remington 150 gr, it is back to 1.25".

Their pistol ammo kept blasting me with powder out of my GP 100 and the guy next to me kept jamming his .45 GM with it.

Happy Hunting.

Posts: 153 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 12 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of fredj338
posted Hide Post
FWIW, my #1 in .375h&h loved PMCs 270gr 'X' loads, under 1". Just goes to show that all rifles / loads are different.

LIFE IS NOT A SPECTATOR'S SPORT!

Posts: 7752 | Location: kalif.,usa | Registered: 08 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I bet I know where your coming from. Trying to practice much with a .375 H&H can be a fair hit to the wallet. That was my goal as I paid $11.00 a box for what I usually pay $25 to $30 for.

I am glad they work for you.

Posts: 153 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 12 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of graybird
posted Hide Post
I bought some PMC ammo for my 9mm pistol. They kept jamming after every shot. I finally got fed up with them and chunked them in the trash.

Graybird

"Make no mistake, it's not revenge he's after ... it's the reckoning."

Posts: 3722 | Location: Okie in Falcon, CO | Registered: 01 July 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of fredj338
posted Hide Post
Actually hunt4, I had loaded some 'X' bullets getting ready for an African hunt & my local shop didn't have anymore bullets but had a couple boxes of ammo. I never could beat that PMC for accuracy w/ my "x" handloads.

LIFE IS NOT A SPECTATOR'S SPORT!

Posts: 7752 | Location: kalif.,usa | Registered: 08 March 2001Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
I had a box of 45/70 PMC, after the second round would not chamber correctly in my Shiloh Sharps, started checking the brass, what a bunch of junk, tossed them right away.

Posts: 23 | Location: Virginia | Registered: 04 September 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of dSmith.45
posted Hide Post
I like the PMC pistol ammo. It's all I use for practice in .45 Auto. Works great in my Colt Goverment, Colt Commander, Sig P220, and a S&W 25. The brass reloades well. Some are going on 10 plus loadings.

The only rifle ammo I used from PMC was in 7x57, 175 grain soft point. This was the mainstream loading in a red, white, & black box. Shoots well enough from my Vz24. Again, the brass seems to reload well.

Posts: 359 | Location: 33N36'47", 96W24'48" | Registered: 01 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of BCSteve
posted Hide Post
Shot my first deer with PMC white and red box 6.5X55 140gr sp. They shot pretty good in my sporterized m38. They were and still are (if they're as advertised) I believe one of the hottest factory load for the 6.5X55. I never clocked them but they're listed at 2850fps for the 140gr.