Find
Notify
Tools

New Mexico Oryx
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Colorado Bob
posted
I just checked the NM's web site & I drew a tag for Oryx. It's for the Stallion Range. Hunt is for 1/31-2/1 in 2004. Nice birthday present---My birthday is 2/2. Anyway, I'm on cloud 9!!! Long odds but if you don't apply---you can't draw !!
[Big Grin]

Posts: 601 | Location: Colorado | Registered: 09 June 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of hm1996
posted Hide Post
Congratulations, and good luck on your hunt.

How does one go about getting details on this hunt?

Regards,
hm

Posts: 931 | Registered: 21 September 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Colorado Bob
posted Hide Post
go to the website www.gmfish.state.nm.us/

Posts: 601 | Location: Colorado | Registered: 09 June 2002Reply With Quote
<rws2>
posted
Colorado,Go to this site and search around the forums you'll find out all kinds of important need to know stuff like no (zero) cameras ect.These guys know all about these hunts and will be very helpful to you.Good Luck and Enjoy! rws2
http://gilamonster.proboards6.com/index.cgi

<thomas purdom>
posted
Way to go Colorado Bob. I got my usual "better luck next year," but then I am very used to that. I look at it like putting $109 in a non-interest bearing account that I canot get into for a while. Now, I have $109 more to put on a muzzle loader and scope for an elk hunt, if I can draw out on that! Anyway, I am very happy for you and wish you all the luck in the world. I am told that the animals are much better eating than elk meat, if that is possible! Tom Purdom [Big Grin]

one of us
Picture of DesertRam
posted Hide Post
Way to go Bob! My wife and I have both hunted and killed oryx in NM, although at the Small Missile Range. I live in Las Cruces, which is just over the hill from the main post. I've been on five oryx hunts over the past couple of years and would be happy to offer whatever help I can for your upcoming hunt. Drop me a line at dtwiebe@yahoo.com if you'd like to chat about oryx hunting.

Posts: 3301 | Location: Southern NM USA | Registered: 01 October 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of hm1996
posted Hide Post
Colorado Bob:
Thanks for the link.......just got back into town, will check it out.

Regards,
hm

Posts: 931 | Registered: 21 September 2002Reply With Quote
<S.B. Hooper>
posted
You will have a great hunt for a unique animal. The meat is the best there is also. I used to live in Alamogordo and was fortunate enough to kill three Oryx while I lived there. I am glad I got mine while it was still cheap. I only paid $61.00 for the most expensive tag. The first one I killed was only forty something. Now they charge a range fee also I believe.