New
Find
Notify
Tools

More marketing hype?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I was browsing thru a site for a muzzelbrake company and spent some time watching the videos of thier products in action. Take a look at them for yourself and decide if they are not firing very reduced loads in most of these guns. I have shot a few 416 Remington mags and they all recoil a great deal more than the guns in the comapany's videos. My 458 Lott Ruger #1 kicks like an angry mule on steroids, but the 458 in the video kicks like a 300 mag. I could be wrong, I have never watched my self shoot my rifles on video.

http://www.bp-tec.com/view_clips.htm

Posts: 263 | Location: Where ever Bush sends me | Registered: 13 July 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thats the idea of a muzzle break. They reduce recoil and they do work. They make a heck of a lot more racket though.

Posts: 372 | Location: Alberta | Registered: 13 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I was really talking about the shots on the videos before the brake was added. The 416 remington has very little recoil before the brake is added. I have brakes on a few rifles and they work well, the Weatherby Accu-Brake being the best at taming recoil.

Posts: 263 | Location: Where ever Bush sends me | Registered: 13 July 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I've inquired about those myself. In addition to the recoil reduction, they also claim that their design is no louder than an un-braked gun. Sounds like a good idea for those heavy-hitters.

Posts: 1346 | Location: NE | Registered: 03 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I agree, there doesn't seem to be very much recoil in the un-braked guns.

Turok

Posts: 219 | Location: Prince George, B.C | Registered: 07 March 2001Reply With Quote