THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AMERICAN BIG GAME HUNTING FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  American Big Game Hunting    Rutted Up Buck in SoDak w/ Snort Wheeze

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Rutted Up Buck in SoDak w/ Snort Wheeze
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of edholum
posted
Well I just finished my week of deer hunting on our family farm in South Dakota. I've taken some great deer off this property and was waiting for something that really was impressive but he never showed. I don't even feel bad about not harvesting a buck and in a way I think I will look forward to next season with just that much more expectations. I still plan on harvesting a couple doe over the Christmas holiday. I have a Kodak playsport camera that I carry with me most of the time and took this video at last light one evening. The dominate buck that I named Bob and saw on several occasions challenged a younger buck right in front of me, snort-wheezed, and then began to make a rub on a small tree at the base of my stand. I could've jumped on his back. The snort wheeze is at the 4:55 minute mark and you might have to turn your volume all the way up. Enjoy the video!

SoDak Rutting Buck http://youtu.be/xXU6xZyczC8

"Conservation through Hunting"

Posts: 260 | Location: SE South Dakota | Registered: 20 April 2009Reply With Quote