New
Find
Notify
Tools

Cougars in Utah
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Is this a decent state in which to hunt cougars? I know there are probably better states, but I want to know specifically this one. I have a last minute chance to put in for the North or South Mainti area.

Thanks

"Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars."

Posts: 410 | Location: Maryland | Registered: 12 August 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Great state,big cats......good luck getting a tag. You can buy one of the gov. tags through SFW or draw one...................wapiti7
Try NM or AZ. Over the ctr and good cats!

Posts: 663 | Location: On a hunt somewhere | Registered: 22 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Idaho too has big cats and tags are readily available. Get a good outfitter with good dogs whereever you decide to hunt.

Posts: 318 | Location: No. California | Registered: 19 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I agree with EB. There are lots of big mountain lions in Idaho, and the tags are over-the-counter, resident or non-resident. In fact, in some Idaho Game Units, you can get two mountain lion tags. Season runs from Aug. 31 through March 31 in many areas, and in some areas, through April, and through June.

EB is correct on getting a good lion outfitter with dogs.

Good luck.

L.W.

"A 9mm bullet may expand but a .45 bullet sure ain't gonna shrink."

Posts: 349 | Location: S.W. Idaho | Registered: 08 January 2005Reply With Quote