THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AMERICAN BIG GAME HUNTING FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  American Big Game Hunting    Cougars In Michigan's Upper Peninsula

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Cougars In Michigan's Upper Peninsula
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
My Son just sent me these pix of Cougars in the UP. Should remove all doubt about Cougars being in Michigan.
Don

Michigan UP

Highway 13 south of Munising 20 miles at highway 440 near Skeels lake ,Dana lake, highway 7 is about 3 miles south of deer camp .

Think about this the next time your trout fishing or walking to your deer blind in the dark and hear a twig break behind you.

The attached pictures were taken with a motion sensored trail cam near a camp on Forest Highway 13 near Camp 7 and Gooseneck Lakes in the UP.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I was just about to head out for some trout fishing on the Yellow Dog. I guess I'll pack my revolver afterall. Cool pics!!!

Posts: 39 | Location: Northern Michigan | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Nice pics - not in the U.P. though.

See those ear tags? Placed by the South Dakota G & F folks - doing a little research. And that's a mule deer, not a whitetail. Might have a more difficult time finding a mule deer in the U.P. than a cougar.

Do a search - this has been around for a while - they are pretty cool trail cam pics though.

"Shoot hard, boys."

Posts: 115 | Location: Duluth, MN | Registered: 17 April 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
bummer, I was kinda hoping

Posts: 39 | Location: Northern Michigan | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With Quote