Find
Notify
Tools

Just some more TSX results
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Doc
posted
My brother has been enjoying his new .270/110 TSX load. So far he has taken a hand full of Does and just emailed me this picture of a small 8 pt. Ranges are short, from 50-100+ yards but he likes them close.

I told him that since this bullet is new to both of us, I'd like him to attempt broadside and -quartering to- shots in the high shoulder. Granted, these SC deer are small and the 110 is certainly enough bullet for them. He has done well with bullet placement on each deer, dumping them on the spot no matter the distance. You can see his entrance hole on this buck in the high right shoulder. I believe this buck was taken at 80 yards.

He told me to forget loading anymore of the 130's for now. This 110 is shooting so flat, he's comfortable shooting on the power lines to 400. Anyway, here's the small buck:

Ted Kennedy's car has killed more people than my guns

One of Us
Picture of jorge
posted Hide Post
Perfect shot placement, perfect bullet, perfect results. congrats. jorge

USN (ret)
DRSS Verney-Carron 450NE
Cogswell & Harrison 375 Fl NE
Sabatti Big Five 375 FL Magnum NE
DSC Life Member
NRA Life Member

Posts: 7145 | Location: Orange Park, Florida. USA | Registered: 22 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Doc
posted Hide Post
I just got another email. Apparently they are in "hog heaven" too. Seems this little pill blows right through large hogs too at 287 yards on power lines!

<allen day>
posted
Doc, that looks like great performance all-around -- on your part as well as that of the bullet!

I have one more elk hunt left this season, and I'm still hoping to get to try out the 225 gr. TSX out of my 338 Win. Mag.

Those TSX bullets surely do shoot! I received a promotional DVD on the TSX from Barnes, and it's very interesting.........

AD

one of us
Picture of Doc
posted Hide Post
WHAT!??? You got a DVD? Did you ask for it?

I've been shooting the TSX almost since the first box was delivered and I never got a DVD! bawling

I'll be emailing Ty Herring about this. thumb

I will say this, we all know that any bullet, ANY bullet might not perform as we expect 100% of the time, and I've certainly not hunted all over the world. But, I have killed my share of deer. The TSX, to me, allows for smaller bullets per caliber, and there seems to be less worry about penetration.

Good luck on your elk hunt!