THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AMERICAN BIG GAME HUNTING FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  American Big Game Hunting    Officer assaulted, very graphic pictures

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Officer assaulted, very graphic pictures
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Doc
posted
I apologize if this has already been posted. But apparently this is an officer that decided to disarm an armed perp. Odd how there are still folks out there that think an officer "shouldn't have shot, they were only armed with a knife."

This guy got slashed and will wear the scars till he's dead.

Ted Kennedy's car has killed more people than my guns

one of us
Picture of Sevens
posted Hide Post
Wow . . . that is horrible. The person that did that should be shot.

Was this a fish and game officer?

If you died tomorrow, what would you have done today ...

2018 Zimbabwe - Tuskless w/ Nengasha Safaris
2011 Mozambique - Buffalo w/ Mashambanzou Safaris

Posts: 2789 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: 27 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of BigNate
posted Hide Post
This is what SHOULD be on the news! Then when an officer "guns down" or "shoots to death" someone, the morons will know why!

The news people are way to soft IMHO. Nate

Posts: 2376 | Location: Idaho Panhandle | Registered: 27 November 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
That officer is fortunate that the perp didn't understand something that's been known for millenia...

that while the edge can cause grevious, horrific looking wounds, it's the POINT that kills...

I'm seeing horrific looking scars that make a shark attack's aftermath look like a kitten fight, but he'll survive....

I'd love to know the rest of the story.

AD

If I provoke you into thinking then I've done my good deed for the day!
Those who manage to provoke themselves into other activities have only themselves to blame.

*We Band of 45-70er's*

35 year Life Member of the NRA

NRA Life Member since 1984

Posts: 4601 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: 21 March 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Doc
posted Hide Post
quote:
I'd love to know the rest of the story.

AD

You and me both. I got this email from a friend of mine in TX.

As I viewed the photos for the first time, I reflect on the police officer friends that I know, hunt with, and those that are patients at the office. It puzzles me to no end thinking about the mentality of some in the media, and other citizens who would argue that cops shoot too soon.

After seeing this, I can tell you, if I was a cop and told a perp to throw down his knife and he/she didn't, My solution: BANG, BANG, BANG, and so on until they drop the knife or drop to the ground deader than hell.

I think the officers have to exercise WAY too much restraint as it is. Bad guys don't deserve to have "rights" IMO.

one of us
posted Hide Post
As a officer I would really like to know the rest of the story also.

Posts: 19617 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
Picture of bythebook
posted Hide Post
These photos were e-mailed to me severalmonths ago . The victum is a Corrections Officer who was a attacked by an inmate with a home made weapon. The weapon was a plastic toothbrush handle melted with a blade from a shaving razor
shoved into it. We have taken weapons like this all the time , it is amazing what they can do with very little even a foam cup. Our inmates are not allowed to have matches or lighters and they make heat with a paper clip some compound from the sealant around the windows and an electrical outlet. They brake the clip in half put 1 peice in the outlet and bend the other half into an L then they put the compound around the middle of it and put it in the other side turn it until it touches and when it gets hot light their cigs.Which they make from shavings from the pencil sharpner and pages of their Bibles

Posts: 8 | Location: bedford Pa. | Registered: 02 May 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of TCLouis
posted Hide Post
Check Snopes or EHWA or ogrish com.

This is an inmate, a "victim" of prison justice as I remember the original post on the net.

The pictures get ones attention NO matter what the circumstances!

Don't limit your challenges . . .
Challenge your limits

Posts: 4261 | Location: TN USA | Registered: 17 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Yet there are many ,both officers and civilians ,who don't think they should fire their weapons because " it's only a knife " !!!

one of us
Picture of Doc
posted Hide Post
I did email the guy back asking for details and he said he didn't know either....could be an inmate for all I know.

I've not seen these pics before and I usually check snopes.com

Still, very disturbing...

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mete:
Yet there are many ,both officers and civilians ,who don't think they should fire their weapons because " it's only a knife " !!!

Never bring a knife to a gun fight.

MG

One of Us
posted Hide Post
"Never bring a knife to a gun fight." It's interesting with a gun you only have to worry about one end-if you can get control of it-(however unlikely that is) the gun is harmless. With an edged weapon it's always dangerous. You can hold the barrel of a gun but you can't hold a knife without getting injured.

I feel bad for the officer, those are horrendous wounds.

the chef

one of us
posted Hide Post
Never bring a knife to gun fight only holds true if you have enough warning to bring the gun into play before you are cut.

A close in sneak attack by a knife wheeling attacker that knows what he is doing can be very deadly to a gun holder. You well be cut up before you can get you gun out of the holster.

Or if one lets the knife holder get in close enough one gets cuts up.

If these cuts were done with a home made edge weapon like some had says just think what a good knife or sword would do in the hands of someone who knows how to use it.

Hey calgarychef1 do you still want to take a swordsman on with your staff.

Posts: 19617 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Brain1
posted Hide Post
I was stuck once by a dude with a small knife. Nowhere near as bad as the photos above. Don't pull a knife on me unless you are prepaired to be shot. A knife in the hands of someone that knows how to use it scares me more than a gun. Even if they are untrained in edged weapons they can still f__k you up real bad.

You can borrow money, but you can't borrow time. Don't wait, go now.
Savannah Safaris Namibia
Otjitambi Trails & Safaris
DRSS
NRA
SCI
DSC
TSRA
TMPA

Posts: 1265 | Location: Bridgeport, Tx | Registered: 20 May 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Years ago, my karate instructor was asked what he did when someone pulled a knife.....simple says he.....run like Heck. He could disarm the person but would probably get cut and would much rather have it said "there he goes" rather than "there he lays". Even on a good day, the only way I would have taken on this instructor was with a shotgun with buckshot and 30 yrds between us. As to the pictures........OUCH

Posts: 253 | Location: Texas by way of NC, Indiana, Ark, LA, OKLA | Registered: 23 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Brain1:
A knife in the hands of someone that knows how to use it scares me more than a gun. Even if they are untrained in edged weapons they can still f__k you up real bad.

A good friend of mine teaches a bunch of self-defense/personal awareness/unarmed street tactics/etc type classes.

In his knife defense course, he starts off before anything else with a large roast sitting there. He then violently, without warning (the knife is unseen up until then), and VERY quickly, "assaults" the roast. It is cut to shreds, literally, in seconds. Quite an eye opener for those that show up with the wrong attitude about knifes and the damage that they can inflict. Eeker

I think the statistics also show that you are more likely to die from knife wounds than a gunshot (not more likely to HAPPEN, but if it does, you have a better chance of surviving after you're shot than after you're cut). A friend at the trauma center pretty much agreed, after dealing with victims of street violence for a few years.

You're right, a knife scares me....

One of Us
posted Hide Post
This ought to be posted down on the political forum and then watch the lefty libs on there, criticize the cut officer and defend the crude that did this....

Personally, I believe a clip out of a 45 ACP would be justice enough under the circumstances....

The officer that was wounded out to be the one allowed to carry out the sentencing...

Normal society is getting tired of this type of crap!

Liberals won't even show it because it happened to a police officer by a criminal.. if it was the other way around.. it would be on the evening news 10 times this week, and then they would have analysed the situation until the end of September...

Posts: 16144 | Location: Southern Oregon USA | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post

Posts: 8 | Location: its a dry heat Arizona | Registered: 08 August 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
cold bore

What does he do with the poor roast?

Posts: 498 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: 22 May 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 577NitroExpress
posted Hide Post
DAMN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

577NitroExpress
Double Rifle Shooters Society
Francotte .470 Nitro Express

If stupidity hurt, a lot of people would be walking around screaming...

Posts: 2789 | Location: Bucks County, Pennsylvania | Registered: 08 June 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
the pix look fake

Posts: 2570 | Location: New York, USA | Registered: 13 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thank you rockyroads !

Posts: 497 | Location: PA | Registered: 24 May 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Dr. Lou
posted Hide Post
If this is an officer I want to know why he didn't shoot and where was his body armor? I, too, believe this is an inmate not a police officer. Although many wear white boxers, most, if not all, prisoners are issued them. Moreover, my wife is a correctional sergeant and wintnesses these type of wounds on a regular basis. "Shankings" are a common occurence in prison. Kind of a poetic justice. CoolLou

NRA Life Benefactor Member

Posts: 3316 | Location: USA | Registered: 15 November 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Whether the unhappy fellow in these gruesome pics is a copper or a con what's this got to do with big game hunting, American or otherwise?