THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AMERICAN BIG GAME HUNTING FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  American Big Game Hunting    Any sheep hunters hunting the Yukon this fall?

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Any sheep hunters hunting the Yukon this fall?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
?

Posts: 536 | Location: Whitehorse, Yukon | Registered: 28 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
No sheep for me as I just don't seem to have "the bug" but I did take a great old Wood Bison last February with Tim Mervyn and I know he takes some big sheep every year.
After my 8 days up there I have to say that you are incredibly lucky to be living in such a beautiful part of the world!

Best Regards,

JohnTheGreek

Posts: 4697 | Location: North Africa and North America | Registered: 05 July 2001Reply With Quote
Picture of Canuck
posted Hide Post
Hi Yukoner. Haven't seen you around for a while. Are you guiding this year?

I won't be coming north this year, again. Will have to settle for hunting bighorns and elk. [Smile]

Take care,
Canuck

Posts: 7122 | Location: The Rock (southern V.I.) | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Yup,getting ready here.hunting stone sheep

Sheephunter

Posts: 795 | Location: CA,,the promised land | Registered: 05 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
JTG,
Yes, my family and I really enjoy it here. We live just down the road from Tim's. I don't get to enjoy the Yukon as much as I would like. Too busy, lately.

If the sheep bug has not got you (you should maby have that checked) how about a big moose and some fishing? How was the Bison meat?

Canuck,

I have had little time for anything this year. We purchased an acreage north of Whithorse this spring then spent a month in Sask. on vacation. Only went out snowmobiling once (school bison hunt) No spring bear hunt or fishing, either. I won't let it happen again.
I will be guiding for one month this year for Widrig. The rest of the fall I will be hunting for myself and putting in some fence for horses.

How about yourself, did you draw any permits? How is your fall looking?
I would settle any day for elk and bighorns. I am tempted to sell and move just to do that!

YKNR

Posts: 536 | Location: Whitehorse, Yukon | Registered: 28 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
My brother just left to hunt Dalls with Devils hole out fitters. What have you heard? I wish I was there for sure but will have to wait for Albertas season.

BR

Posts: 174 | Location: ,Alberta ,Canada | Registered: 12 February 2002Reply With Quote
Picture of Canuck
posted Hide Post
Yukoner,

Sounds like you are having a year like I had last year (sort of). Fire season screwed up my holidays in early fall, the resulting backlog of work screwed up the rest of the fall, the engine on my T-cat blew on the first ride and was caput til the end of the season....

I won't let it happen again either. All work and no play makes Canuck a very dull boy. This year had a great start, but work is doing its best to corral me again! I will resist!!

I have a fun season ahead I think. I have a couple new friends coming up from the coast to hunt elk for a week during the bow season, and another friend coming for a week at the end of September. I also got a goat draw to keep me busy in November, and the hopefully the ducks will take a pounding in between the elk and goat. (Kody is gettin on in years, gotta spoil him at least one more season).

So things are looking up. Glad to hear your doing well. Was the bison hunt a success again?

[Smile] Canuck

Posts: 7122 | Location: The Rock (southern V.I.) | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote