Find
Notify
Tools

Say Goodbye To Trophy Mule Deer
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Say goodbye to trophy mule deer.

Atlantic Rim is well known for its TOAD class mule deer...all this development is going to take it's toll on a cool piece of realestate as well as the wildlife that lives there.

Wyoming keeps on selling its soul to the devil for a quick buck...
Frowner

MG

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MrHawg:
Madgoat, you liberal cunt. Don't you know that all those drilling rigs will scare away wolves?

dancing dancing dancing dancing dancing

Nice post..... Razzer

MG

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Wyoming keeps on selling its soul to the devil for a quick buck...

If only everyone knew what was going on in both the southwest and northeast part of this state. It would shock them all. I have never seen this type of activety and growth. I have to agree with you on this issue, but all this time I thought you were a dick not a cunt! Eeker

Posts: 10478 | Location: N.W. Wyoming | Registered: 22 February 2003Reply With Quote
Picture of Canuck
posted Hide Post
Hey fellas,

Please keep in mind that this forum is visited by a lot of minors. Check out all the threads about so-and-so's kids' first elk, deer, pronghorn, etc....you think those kids don't come on here to see their stories and photos on the internet?

I'd appreciate it if you'd tone down the language a smidge. Although I don't personally find it offensive, I do not lots of women just HATE that "c" word especially. I'm not asking for this forum to read like scripture or anything...lets just keep it clean enough that people won't mind involving their kids. We know we need kids getting into hunting in order to keep it alive!

Cheers,
Canuck

Posts: 7122 | Location: The Rock (southern V.I.) | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Outdoor Writer
posted Hide Post
quote:
I'd appreciate it if you'd tone down the language a smidge.

Is it OK to say, "Amen" to that? clap

I thought maybe RMK was back. -TONY

Tony Mandile - Author "How To Hunt Coues Deer"

Posts: 3269 | Location: Glendale, AZ | Registered: 28 July 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Doc
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Outdoor Writer:

Ha ha ha ha!!!! I did too! What ever happened to him? Wasn't he a cop in WY somewhere?

I remember reading several of his posts and he really liked that "c" word.

Ted Kennedy's car has killed more people than my guns

One of Us
Picture of M70Nut
posted Hide Post
I have yet to meet a woman that didn't mind the "C" word. Thanks for toning it down fella's.

"We band of 45-70'ers"

Posts: 845 | Location: S.C. Alaska | Registered: 27 October 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Doc,

Have no idea where RMK went and I have no reason to care either. Big Grin

I think the guy you're thinking of is an ex-cop and goes by the handle of Varmint something or other. Like RMK, he's both obnoxious and vulgar. Unfortunately, he posts in this section quite often.

And I can swear and cuss with the best of em' but there's a place and time for it. A PUBLIC internet forum is neither. Frowner -TONY

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:

LOL! He may still be among you and you don't know it! animal

Posts: 10478 | Location: N.W. Wyoming | Registered: 22 February 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Doc
posted Hide Post
Kudu56, fka RMK?? Razzer

R U him??

Ted Kennedy's car has killed more people than my guns

one of us
posted Hide Post
If he is, he's changed both his handle and his obnoxious and vulgar ways. I doubt either -- and especially the latter -- happened, though. Roll Eyes -TONY

One of Us
Picture of MrHawg
posted Hide Post
Being compared to RMK was enough to make me delete my post!

Posts: 244 | Location: Margaritaville | Registered: 08 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
MrHawg,

Self-censorship is often a good trait to have! Kudos. clap -TONY

one of us
Picture of asdf
posted Hide Post
quote:
I have yet to meet a woman that didn't mind the "C" word.

My wife wouldn't mind, I'm sure. Of course, that English isn't her native language...

It's hard to say how hard the drilling in question would be on the wildlife. The proposal is for one well every 2 sq mi or so, which hardly seems a disaster in the making. The comment on salt laden waters being dumped is not too pretty, but the greenies have sounded chicken-little so often, it's hard to take their statements at face value.

edit: oops, got my numbers off by a 0, that one well every .2 sq mi, which does seem a bit intensive.

Posts: 980 | Location: U.S.A. | Registered: 01 June 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
At least in TX, oil fields don't have much of an effect -- animals ignore them pretty quickly -- they just sit there pumping, and go into a pipeline -- they never just dump out the salt water on the ground. A pump every 0.2 square miles is one every 128 acres -- not really an issue

And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor.

Posts: 863 | Location: Texas | Registered: 25 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Here it is the drilling of the wells, the new roads being built every where, lots of traffic, and some areas have been permited to drill as many as 2500 wells or more! As an example, Wamsutter was just a wide spot on I80 with on a good day, maybe 100 people, when I lived down there. I just talked to a contractor that bid on a man camp to house 400 workers. They are projecting at it's peak Wamsutter might hit 5000 people, a suburb of Rocks Springs basically which is projected to double in size in 5 years. I hope it is all BS. But it sure seems to be headed that way.

North of there it is worse. The preasure of drilling, poaching by low lifes, and all the disturbance during the winter is going to hurt, and will ruin deer hunting in that part of the state. I really wish the G&F would get about 20 wardens in that area, along with many others where there is so much development. Mad

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hey bros, don't forget NW new Mexico. If you stand still long enough, they'll drill a gas well in your butt!!

Posts: 663 | Location: On a hunt somewhere | Registered: 22 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hell I thought RMK did some real accurate posts on here. Kind of miss the language. It kept all the losers like OutdoorAZwipe/writter stirred up.

I think you'll see a bust in wyoming here in the next few years. The methane is already slowing down in the Northeast part. Coal is still strong,but I've never seen coal hold out for more then four or five years at a time. And we're three years into it already. Democrats will have the presidency this next go around and they'll place restrictions on coal and gas.If gasoline goes down in price coal will really take a hit,like 1999 did.

The real problem is baby boomers retiring at a rate of 75 million over the next couple years. They sold out everyone around them,so they have free cash and are stupid enough to piss it away on inflated real estate. All wyoming ever does,is replace those that are leaving for jobs with those that are retired. Right now you have a surplus white trash thats working industry jobs like methane,but they'll leave with the jobs. Fish and Game speculates, that poaching is at an all time high with all the extra trash roaming remote areas of the state due to methane jobs.

Left alone the nonresident transplant will fuck up wyoming worse then methane and coal.Although methane poses the greatest risk,because they aren't held to any real reclamation standards like coal. The so called housing shortage,is more a case of dipshits willing to pay 350k for houses that are worth 85k. The result is complete counties dependant on building permits for their income.The final result being thousands of acres of winter habitat converted into subdivisions.Then you end up with man camps to house the working stiff.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Sledder,

Mental midgets who can't write without vulgarity never stir me. In fact, they are boring. That's why RMK went on my **IGNORE** list after reading several of his messages.

One of Us
Picture of drummondlindsey
posted Hide Post
One morning this past October I counted 62 18 wheelers go by me before daylight on the Wamsutter road. It was a ZOO! The reason there is not more of a problem in TX is that the majority of the ground is private and the landowners know what they have and make sure they keep poaching at a minimum. In Wyoming, the ground is public and sometimes very remote. The oil field workers are essentially policing themselves. One guy at the man camp north of Baggs was busted last yeqar for taking 5 trophy bucks and some antelope. Its VERY sad! That used to be one of my all time favorite areas to hunt, I doubt I will even put in for a tag for next year.

Drum

Posts: 2093 | Location: Windsor, CO | Registered: 06 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Damn,Tony. This RMK character must have really rattled your cage. He's on your ignore list and you're still talking about him.

one of us
posted Hide Post
You're not as bright as you think. Roll Eyes

I figured that possibility when I read your message to me and several others from past threads.

This one was a real gem:
>>It's not racism,its a fact of life. I don't blame black guys for banging white pigs. I wouldn't want to screw some nappy jig either.

Actually whats happening,is the brothas' are just trying to screw themselves out of a race.<<

Thus, I had already reserved a place on the "ignore" list for you. You're on it now.

Now I get, "Ignored post by sledder posted 07 December 2006 09:39."