THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AMERICAN BIG GAME HUNTING FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  American Big Game Hunting    This kid should lose his hunting privileges for Life

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

This kid should lose his hunting privileges for Life
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Shooting horses with a bow, killing deer at night and over feeders. What a little turd.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
if "turd" equals "piece of human shit"
than i agree.

Posts: 2141 | Location: enjoying my freedom in wyoming | Registered: 13 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of don444
posted Hide Post
You're absolutely right!

Posts: 551 | Location: Idaho | Registered: 27 July 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Lock him up an throw away the key.Anyone who does that to animals,will move on to people.Better yet hang him and save some money!!!

Posts: 4372 | Location: NE Wisconsin | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
At 17, makes me wonder "Where's Ol Dad"?

Free men should not be subjected to permits, paperwork and taxation in order to carry any firearm. NRA Benefactor

Posts: 1652 | Location: Deer Park, Texas | Registered: 08 June 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Lock him up and make him some ones little bitch!

Posts: 10478 | Location: N.W. Wyoming | Registered: 22 February 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Doesn't surprise me abit. With all the Media shit these young people are exposed. God, they have virtual combat games and movies that give them some sort of invincabilty.
They look at some "combat game", and can kill anyone or anything. They haven't any reality
of the REAL world.
Yes, we should put him in jail, along with his folks and all the "freakcos" that produce this media crap. A shit load of Libs too!!

"The lady doth protest too much, methinks"
Hamlet III/ii

Posts: 423 | Location: Eastern Washington State | Registered: 16 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ahhh, Idkier, could a lack of parenting oversight be the root problem??

Aim for the exit hole

Posts: 4348 | Location: middle tenn | Registered: 09 December 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Jail would do nothing but make this kid's problems worse. He is 17, there is still a chance for him to actually be a productive piece of society. He needs council from a real hunter, some kind of mentoring from a real man and some HARD labor for a long time to think about what he did. He should also pay restitution.
Hopefully in the end there is repentance and a new person. Hell, Obama does worse to this country everyday and he vacations in Hawii!

Perry

Posts: 2249 | Location: South Texas | Registered: 01 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
It starts with animal cruelty and moves up to the human chain. Of course, he may have been abused as a child and we should have sympathy under today's standards. Too bad we don't "cane" them like Singapore!

Jim

Posts: 1206 | Location: Memphis, TN | Registered: 25 January 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Big Bore Boar Hunter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by perry:
Jail would do nothing but make this kid's problems worse. He is 17, there is still a chance for him to actually be a productive piece of society. He needs council from a real hunter, some kind of mentoring from a real man and some HARD labor for a long time to think about what he did. He should also pay restitution.
Hopefully in the end there is repentance and a new person. Hell, Obama does worse to this country everyday and he vacations in Hawii!

Perry

Failure to punish children for their misdeeds leads to behavior like this. Shooting someones pet horse is a sign of sociopathy. There hasn't been one recorded instance of a reformed sociopath, or sex offender for that matter. Some things can't be fixed and made "all better". If it were just deer poaching I might agree, but trying to kill one's pet shows a truly dark nature.

John

Posts: 1343 | Location: Northern California | Registered: 15 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I never said a thing about not punishing him. Spare the rod spoil the child is infinite wisdom! I just have to shake my head when we hunters want to take someone's life over an animal offense. I totally agree with you that killing someone's pet is of a dark nature and IF he knew it was a pet and VIEWED it as such then off with his head...literally. But if this kid is misguided and could be reformed I can't see ending a human life over an animal offense.

Again let me state that if this kid KNEW exactly what he was doing and is PROVEN of a dark nature then I'm all for ending his life and saving my tax dollars housing him for the next 25 or so years.

Perry

Posts: 2249 | Location: South Texas | Registered: 01 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
A sad story. It happens that I agree,emotionally, with everyone (except Perry) but I am old enough (near 80) to know darn well that there is something very wrong with this kid. (BTW, so as not to be misunderstood, if I had come on him in my younger days I would have shot him on the spot) It's a real problem what to do with these kids. I simply don't know if locking them up for years will "cure"them or if the psychologists and psychiatrists are right and that we should "treat" them. Like I say, it's a bad problem and maybe the best solution would be to shoot them on the spot. (Sorry, guys, despite my NY address, I had a mother with Texas relatives in the old West. She brainwashed me)Smiler

Posts: 680 | Location: NY | Registered: 10 July 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
BTW, so as not to be misunderstood, if I had come on him in my younger days I would have shot him on the spot)

Depending on the laws back then, and depending on whether you got caught, you might not have made it to 80!!!!!!!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
"make him pay restitution" thumbdown

If, as someone suggested, he has a history of this sort of thing, then I see no reason for "warehousing" him for the rest of his life or for any period of time to be set back on society merely a wiser criminal. Punch his ticket for his last ride and let his parents pay restitution.
FWIW, I do not believe in life sentences. You may argue that it is more harsh on the criminal but I look at it from the pragmatic point of cost. Two appeals and then execution to be done within 6 months max.

Aim for the exit hole

Posts: 4348 | Location: middle tenn | Registered: 09 December 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 22WRF:
Its fine to talk about "hanging" some 17 year old kid when it doesn't hit close to home.

Would you say the same thing if it were your kid?

Of course not, its your kid, but every serial killer's mother has been the same. Nobody has ever said, my kid was a dirty little bastard and I knew he would eventual be a serial killer.

I don't want the kid out there shooting anything he likes either. But I agree, I don't want to be paying taxes to lock him up for a few years, after which he has no prospects for a decent life.

The cost to society for criminal behavior far exceeds the costs in tax money to lock them up.

Get the kid some help understanding what he did, and yes, make him pay restitution for what he did.

Morgues are filled with victims of the misunderstood. Restitution doesn't quite cut it for some crimes. He is in need of severe psychiatric treatment. He could be on the path to something darker, and more dangerous to those around him. More and more, those that have slipped through the cracks of the Criminal Justice system. We, as a society, shouldn't be willing to allow freaks and criminals to roam freely. It costs too much.

Posts: 1343 | Location: Northern California | Registered: 15 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gerrypeters375:
A sad story. It happens that I agree,emotionally, with everyone (except Perry) but I am old enough (near 80) to know darn well that there is something very wrong with this kid. (BTW, so as not to be misunderstood, if I had come on him in my younger days I would have shot him on the spot) It's a real problem what to do with these kids. I simply don't know if locking them up for years will "cure"them or if the psychologists and psychiatrists are right and that we should "treat" them. Like I say, it's a bad problem and maybe the best solution would be to shoot them on the spot. (Sorry, guys, despite my NY address, I had a mother with Texas relatives in the old West. She brainwashed me)Smiler

What part do we not agree on? Reading both our responses we seem to agree. I fear I may have misconveyed something.

Perry

One of Us
posted Hide Post
perry:

You are not wrong, of course. It's simply that I (and you and 22WCF) have a different philosophy about "minors". In my book, a 16 year old is full grown and worthy to be hanged or shot,as the case may be according to prevailing custom in the Old West. In fact, he is old enough for the death penalty even today. There is some kind of prevailing idea today that anyone under 18 is a "child". If that had been the idea back when the frontier was being extended against fighting Indians the whites would have been pushed back into the sea -approximately around Massachusetts.

Posts: 680 | Location: NY | Registered: 10 July 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the clarification. I tend to lean towards your way of thinking. "Kids" today are doing some heinous things that are deserving of shooting. In my presence, caught in the act, that kid would be dead.

Perry

one of us
posted Hide Post
A serious public flogging in the middle of town would do well. The kid would not be "Killed" for a stupid thing. He could pay for the vet bills and the skin off his hind end would be a reminder to him and the kids that see him "horse" whipped would have to think about that the next time they wanted to go "wilding"
Ron

Posts: 987 | Location: Southern Idaho | Registered: 24 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
That's it! Let's get him. . . . . . . .

BOOM

Someone should take that piece of shit and drag his pathetic ass behind a horse, down a rock road!

Posts: 1324 | Location: Oregon rain forests | Registered: 30 December 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Let's see, kill the kid when he did not kill the horse...Hmmm, sounds like those with this view value the life of the horse above the life of a human. That would be the left wing animal rights view as well, screw the people, save a horse. There have also been comments here about sociopathic tendancies and how sociopaths and sex offenders are never cured. That is total and utter bullshit. If those tendencies are caught early and dealt with immediately, they ARE averted. There are also thousands of sex offenders that never offend again. You only hear about the ones who do.

I believe there should be harsh and meaningful punishment for the young man, but to put him in prison where he will harden into either, or both of those things is just insane. If he was 50, sure, not at 17. Make him pay restitution, sure. Make him serve his sentence working for a rancher (if one will take him) or veterinarian for a couple years without pay. Hell, even make him work for the Humane Society, as much as I detest them. Now is the time to get him right, not get him hardened.

Just my $.02 from working with high school age youth groups for the last 20 years.

Larry

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history, when everybody stands around reloading" -- Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 3942 | Location: Kansas USA | Registered: 04 February 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Flippy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by larrys:
Let's see, kill the kid when he did not kill the horse...Hmmm, sounds like those with this view value the life of the horse above the life of a human.
How about an eye for an eye?
Or more correctly, an arrow for an arrow?
Shoot the kid with four arrows (in non lethal places) and then have them removed, by the same guy that removed them from the horse...

Cruelty to animals on this scale is usually the first step towards abhorrent social behavior.
Kids like this are ones that can turn out to be violent sociopaths.
Give them a chance and they will prove it!

JUST A TYPICAL WHITE GUY BITTERLY CLINGING TO GUNS AND RELIGION

Definition of HOPLOPHOBIA

"I'm the guy that originally wrote the 'assault weapons' ban." --- Former Vice President Joe Biden

Posts: 1700 | Location: Lurking somewhere around SpringTucky Oregon | Registered: 18 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Flippy
posted Hide Post
quote:
If he was 50, sure, not at 17
If he was fifty and doing this, it just means he has been getting by with it for 50 years...

JUST A TYPICAL WHITE GUY BITTERLY CLINGING TO GUNS AND RELIGION

Definition of HOPLOPHOBIA

"I'm the guy that originally wrote the 'assault weapons' ban." --- Former Vice President Joe Biden

Posts: 1700 | Location: Lurking somewhere around SpringTucky Oregon | Registered: 18 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
There have also been comments here about sociopathic tendancies and how sociopaths and sex offenders are never cured.

I think you should check your figures on this one, I think you will be stunned.

I don't think anyone should kill him, never said it either. But the liberal mind set of be easy on him because he is 17 is utter BS. The boy needs to be evaluated and committed to therapy. If not, we will most likely see him in the news again.

John

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Gotta a little shock for you guys...TEN BUCKs sys he does NO time...How sick is that?

Any Takers?

Jeff

Posts: 2857 | Location: FL | Registered: 18 September 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Depends on how the court system handles him. Time won't do much good if he is indeed a sociopath. Sociopath's by biology feel no remorse or feelings towards others. Time in jail is an inconvenience, but deep down they know what they did is right, they will never feel otherwise.

John

One of Us
Picture of scottfromdallas
posted Hide Post
Very disturbing. This is the kind of behavior serial killers do when they are young. The kid need some serious counseling or he could go on to even more disturbing behavior. What he did to the horse is just torture.

Posts: 1941 | Location: Texas | Registered: 19 July 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of RREESE
posted Hide Post
Shooting deer over feeders!!! Unthinkable!! stir

NRA Endowment Member

Posts: 269 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 23 January 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'm willing to bet this kid will spend his life being cruel to both animals and people. A real shitbag.

Posts: 16125 | Location: Iowa | Registered: 10 April 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of AZ Pete
posted Hide Post
How about waiting for the trial and verdict before the punishment?

He has been acused, if he is found guilty then he should face serious punishment. If he isn't guilty, then he shouldn't.

NRA Patron Life Member

Posts: 310 | Location: Arizona | Registered: 24 January 2005Reply With Quote