Find
Notify
Tools

New Mexico results maybe on the 20th
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Big Wonderful Wyoming
posted
The state is claiming the 27th, but normally they are a week early.

Probably start checking around 10:00 am, and should have it wrapped up at 19:00 local Mountain time.

Might be the 21st.

Good luck to you all!

Posts: 7775 | Location: Das heimat! | Registered: 10 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Draw results are out on the app.

Posts: 7775 | Location: Das heimat! | Registered: 10 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Big Wonderful Wyoming:
Draw results are out on the app.

Well, what did you draw?

Posts: 2647 | Location: Utah | Registered: 23 February 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Austin Hunter
posted Hide Post
My wife got 2nd choice on oryx - off-range. I got my on-range. Maybe should have done on-range - higher success odds

"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid" -- Ronald Reagan

"Ignorance of The People gives strength to totalitarians."

Want to make just about anything work better? Keep the government as far away from it as possible, then step back and behold the wonderment and goodness.

Posts: 3061 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 05 April 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of DesertRam
posted Hide Post
That's great AustinHunter - two oryx hunts in the same year! Where/when is your on-range hunt? Trophy (once-in-a-lifetime)?

Pretty dismal for us. Of the 30+ applications I filed for my family, three were drawn. My dad and I will hunt pronghorn, I have a muzzleloader deer tag for a southern desert unit, and my oldest will get to chase oryx off-range. Everyone else got skunked. We're a little disappointed, but them's the breaks.

Posts: 3296 | Location: Southern NM USA | Registered: 01 October 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I drew a coues tag on Burro mountain in 23 for the December Rifle. Allegedly this is the best coues tag in New Mexico. 11% draw odds for residents.
Going to book a hotel for the whole 11 days depending on what weather is in town during the hunt, I'll adjust it to figure it out.

Skunked on everything else; sheep, aoudad, oryx, elk, ibex, nandilions, drop bears and crested red headed boobsnatchers.

Coworkers drew (this was a variety of people let's say 8?); oryx, 16A archery elk, javelina, deer in 17 quite a good variety.

Let me know if you need directions or help on the on range oryx. I can run up and tie one to a sage brush for you.

One of Us
Picture of Austin Hunter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DesertRam:
That's great AustinHunter - two oryx hunts in the same year! Where/when is your on-range hunt? Trophy (once-in-a-lifetime)?

Pretty dismal for us. Of the 30+ applications I filed for my family, three were drawn. My dad and I will hunt pronghorn, I have a muzzleloader deer tag for a southern desert unit, and my oldest will get to chase oryx off-range. Everyone else got skunked. We're a little disappointed, but them's the breaks.

Sorry, I wasn’t clear. I got mine on-range in 2010. I was just thinking on-range might have better success odds for the hunt for her, but my friend and guide has an off-range honey hole that he’s a 100% on. Hunt is for March. He said there were 291K draw applications for all species in NM this year. 30K were successful.

"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid" -- Ronald Reagan

"Ignorance of The People gives strength to totalitarians."

Want to make just about anything work better? Keep the government as far away from it as possible, then step back and behold the wonderment and goodness.

Posts: 3061 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 05 April 2006Reply With Quote