Find
Notify
Tools

Hound Hunting
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of JBoutfishn
posted
Governor Jerry Brown signed SB 1221 Banning the use of dogs for hunting bear in California.

http://www.redding.com/news/20...tlawing-hound-hunts/

Jim "Bwana Umfundi"
NRA

Posts: 3014 | Location: State Of Jefferson | Registered: 27 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I hate to see that happen anywhere. One of the hardest things about hound hunting is how hard it is to get other sportsmen to back you. Unfortunately not many groups want to stand together anymore.

Posts: 150 | Location: Parks AZ | Registered: 31 March 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Crazyhorseconsulting
posted Hide Post
Sorry to read that things turned out that way. this will only encourage HSUS/PETA and all the animal rights advocates to focus on getting hunting with hounds banned nationwide.

Even the rocks don't last forever.

Posts: 31014 | Location: Olney, Texas | Registered: 27 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
When are sportsmen going to get the big picture that united we stand Divided we fall. Watch the bear complaints sky rocket as well as Mountain lion attacks!!

Posts: 1195 | Location: Billings,MT | Registered: 24 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
About 30 years ago in Colorado they banned the spring bear hunt, running bear with dogs and leg-hold traps all at the same time. Once they start banning things or putting things up for a vote, it is hard to overcome.

quote:
Watch the bear complaints sky rocket as well as Mountain lion attacks!!
Funny thing about CA, they gave the MT Lion special protected status years ago. No sport hunting at all and they even went as far as firing the Director of the Game and Fish Dept for hunting cougar in another state. What they don't tell you is that the game dept kills more cougar every year due to complaints than the sportsmen ever took. The cougars are still being shot, but they don't get any license revenue because the game dept does the trigger work.

Posts: 1039 | Location: Colorado by birth, Virginia by employment | Registered: 18 August 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Crazyhorseconsulting
posted Hide Post
I remember that they outlawed hunting bear over a bait in Colorado in 1992, the first year I hunted elk up there.

quote:
When are sportsmen going to get the big picture that united we stand Divided we fall. Watch the bear complaints sky rocket as well as Mountain lion attacks!!

Unfortunately, hunters are never going to get the message. Over the past year there have been several discussions on AR concerning the effect the anti hunting forces are having and I estimate that over 50% of hunters around America just do not believe anything is really wrong. Too many folks simply feel that hunting will never be outlawed and they are going to wake up one day and realize that it is too late to do anything, and I am afraid that day has already passed us by.

Even the rocks don't last forever.

Posts: 31014 | Location: Olney, Texas | Registered: 27 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
why are groups like SCI not fighting this in court? What good are these large organizations if they don't put their money where their mouth is.
It is a sad day when the antis can push through their agendas so easily.
How does California plan on paying for the the government trappers when the state is one step away from bankruptcy. It seems to be a common problem down south where the sportsmen and women have been taken out of the game management equation in exchange for government trappers. !!!!

Now these same Peta loving queers will be paying for the killing of cougar, bear and bobcat with there taxes. If anything like Oregon these trappers will use hounds anyway!

Doug McMann
www.skinnercreekhunts.com
ph# 250-476-1288
Fax # 250-476-1288
PO Box 27
Tatlayoko Lake, BC
Canada
V0L 1W0
email skinnercreek@telus.net

Posts: 1239 | Location:  | Registered: 21 April 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by JBoutfishn:
Governor Jerry Brown signed SB 1221 Banning the use of dogs for hunting bear in California.

I am very sorry to hear this. It's a loss for sportsman everywhere. To think that even individuals from this site probably supported it sickens me.

"If you are not working to protect hunting, then you are working to destroy it". Fred Bear

Posts: 444 | Location: WA. State | Registered: 06 November 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of JBoutfishn
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chilcotin hillbilly:
why are groups like SCI not fighting this in court? What good are these large organizations if they don't put their money where their mouth is.
It is a sad day when the antis can push through their agendas so easily.
How does California plan on paying for the the government trappers when the state is one step away from bankruptcy. It seems to be a common problem down south where the sportsmen and women have been taken out of the game management equation in exchange for government trappers. !!!!

Now these same Peta loving queers will be paying for the killing of cougar, bear and bobcat with there taxes. If anything like Oregon these trappers will use hounds anyway!

What "groups" do you support?

Jim "Bwana Umfundi"
NRA

Posts: 3014 | Location: State Of Jefferson | Registered: 27 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dog Man:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by JBoutfishn:

I am very sorry to hear this. It's a loss for sportsman everywhere. To think that even individuals from this site probably supported it sickens me.

Amazing how "1" man can make decisions for thousands. Rights lost with flick of a pen. It's disgusting.

Posts: 663 | Location: On a hunt somewhere | Registered: 22 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wapiti7:
Amazing how "1" man can make decisions for thousands. Rights lost with flick of a pen. It's disgusting.

Do you know anything about the legislative process in drafting bills into laws.

Maybe you didn't notice but this was a state senate bill and not something the govenor did all on his own. This means it went through the legislative process before it hit the governor's desk. The time to get it stopped was while it was making its way through the state senate.

The govenor is always going to align himself or herself with whichever voting segment can keep them in power. And in CA, that will never be the bear hunters.

Posts: 1039 | Location: Colorado by birth, Virginia by employment | Registered: 18 August 2012Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of JBoutfishn
posted Hide Post
Many of us did write/email/call the committee discussing the Bill. Stopping something in committee is the best chance, then getting a "ney" vote. Hoping the Governor votes no is a dream in California.

For the record I do not care to use dogs for hunting bear but supported the right to do so.

Jim "Bwana Umfundi"
NRA