New
Find
Notify
Tools

Game cam question
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I live in a place with very poor or no cell phone service. I was wondering if any game cams put out a stronger signal than a cellphone and can anyone recommend a camera that would alert me to what is activating the camera in such an area.Could be used for security as well as game watching . Thank you for any information.

One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted Hide Post
I would think you'd need strong cell coverage for your spendy remote cams to work efficiently. If you are very rural you may not get what you need. That's an assumption on my part. If the wind is blowing strong on a day I get even less coverage that the minimal I get now.

As far as security. Standard trail cams will capture but you'd need to collect the card to see who has been around. Won't help in the short term but if they gather enough data to make an ID then they are better than nothing.

~Ann

Posts: 19245 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
My cameras get better signal than my phone . I have 32 of them .

Posts: 12022 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Larry is there any particular type you would recommend?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have tried several . I have settled on Spartan.

One important note. Most cameras will not work with all cell services . In other words, if one purchases a camera for AT&T, it won’t work unless AT&T has service in the area .

Another comment relates to the antennae used. It is possible to get booster antennas. They get better reception than standard models .

Posts: 12022 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thank you Larry