Find
Notify
Tools

Kamchatka Brown Bear
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of BOWHUNR
posted
I'm thinking of booking one of these hunts for spring 2006. Have any of you guys done this hunt? If so, would you recommend it?

BOWHUNR

NEVER BOOK A HUNT WITH JEFF BLAIR AT BLAIR WORLDWIDE HUNTING!

Posts: 636 | Location: Omaha, NE U.S.A. | Registered: 28 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Friend of mine was over there a few years back... he apparently had a great time.

Here's his website, chat with him a bit.

http://www.grizzlyhunter.com/

Posts: 226 | Location: Dorchester County, South Carolina U.S.A. | Registered: 15 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Bowhunter,
I can book you with Phil Shoemaker and he is the best of the best for big bear..Two years in a row he shot the biggest bear in Alaska and the new worlds record..I have brochures and references...Phil, btw, is a Alaskan Master Guide and a gun editor for Successful Hunter, and writes for Rifle and handloader magazine.

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 41970 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of BOWHUNR
posted Hide Post
Thanks Ray,

I know all about Phil, he is a great hunter and guide. However, I am more interested in hunting in Russia. If I'm not mistaken, the Alaskan Brown Bear hunts run three to four thousand dollars more than the Russian hunts.

BOWHUNR

NEVER BOOK A HUNT WITH JEFF BLAIR AT BLAIR WORLDWIDE HUNTING!

Posts: 636 | Location: Omaha, NE U.S.A. | Registered: 28 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Bob Kern is your man in Russia, 100 percent success for something like 5 years.

www.huntingconsortium.com

Posts: 228 | Location: Spain Jerez (Cadiz) | Registered: 08 December 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
This picture says it ALL! Contact Dan Coassolo through the link below, he IS the best in the business. Ron
http://community.webshots.com/user/dan_grace

Posts: 985 | Location: Southern Idaho | Registered: 24 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I just talked to Dan and he said he has a MONSTER I need to take a picture of. I will try to get one and post it. Ron

Posts: 985 | Location: Southern Idaho | Registered: 24 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Sorry for the double post. Ron

one of us
posted Hide Post
Those are nice bears, but I wonder how big they realy are? If he stood on the same platform they where on how tall would they be?

Stay Alert,Stay Alive
Niet geschoten is altijd mis

Hate of America is the defeat position of failed individuals and the failing state

Posts: 1529 | Location: Tidewater,Virginia | Registered: 12 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Is that guy a midget? How tall is he? 4'11 - 5'2 range or what?

Posts: 409 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 06 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I hunted in Kamchatka 1998. Bob Kern (Hunting consortium) arranged everything for me. The adventure is what hooked me. I took an honest 8'3" bear (I cannot recall the skull measurements) which was about the average. You will likely seem more bears in Russia, but I think the trophy potential may be better in Alaska.

Posts: 219 | Location: Reading, PA | Registered: 15 August 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Dan is 5' 6" tall. If I remember right the big dark one was over 9 foot and weighed in the 1400 pound range. The platforms were made out of 2x4's and plywood. He wasn't standing in a hole. The bears are also on steel mounts that are a litte taller than the platform.
I don't know what the price is now but when this hunt took place it was two bears for 11,000$ Ron

one of us
posted Hide Post
BOWHUNR,

My taxidermist has mounted a great many bears from Kamchatka and Alaska. He says he has seen the trophy size from Russia drop significantly in the last few years.

Regards,

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
MARK'S EXCLUSIVE ADVENTURES
7094 Oakleigh Dr. Las Vegas, NV 89110
Office 702-848-1693
Cell, Whats App, Signal 307-250-1156 PREFERRED
E-mail markttc@msn.com
Check us out on https://www.facebook.com/pages...ures/627027353990716

Posts: 12917 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote