225 Partitions
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Who uses them in a 338.
Is there any diffence between them and the 210's that anyone has seen? TIA

one of us
posted Hide Post
I was using 210gr. Partitions for a while. I did not have any problems with them. For some reason I started using the 225 gr. PT.'s. They shoot well in my gun. I have not shot a shit load of game with this bullet weight, but I personally favour it over the .210's. I have found that the 225's do penetrate noticeably better than the .210's, which should be no suprise.

Daryl

Posts: 536 | Location: Whitehorse, Yukon | Registered: 28 May 2002Reply With Quote
<Alberta John>
posted
I've been using 225 partitions ever since they started making them for most of my hunting.I used the 225 hornady before that and they were good but i get quicker kills with the noslers and they pretty much always exit.My hunting partner and i have used them on a lot of moose and black bears and deer,several elk and i shot a pretty good sized grizzly with one shot,also african plains game from eland on down.I have 100% confidence in this bullet. I've never used the 210 gr.I've used the 250 gr and they are really good but since i'm getting exits on big moose and eland even at long range i couldn't see the need for them and have stuck with the 225's for a little more velocity.

[This message has been edited by Alberta John (edited 04-08-2002).]

one of us
posted Hide Post
The 225 seems to have a slightly sharper ogive than the 210, which coupled with its extra sectional density should give it a bit better downrange performance.

I used a 225/338 @2900 fps on a high lung shot on a bull elk and got complete pass-through, however I suspect the same thing would have happened with a 210.

As between the two, I'd shoot whichever my rifle seemed to like the best.

Posts: 13245 | Location: Henly, TX, USA | Registered: 04 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I used the 225 Nosler Partitions last year in my .338 Win Mag to shoot a wild hog here in California and to shoot a bull elk in New Mexico. I was quite pleased with the performance.

I use a near max load of H 4350 fired up by a Fed 215M primer and get 2880 fps on my chronograph from my Remington 700 Classic.

I get really nice groups with this bullet as does my dad in his 340 Weatherby. Dad has shot several hogs and a couple of elk with these bullets and has been pleased.

I think you will like their performance.

R Flowers

Posts: 1220 | Location: Hanford, CA, USA | Registered: 12 November 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have shot everything but elephant with my 338 Win. and I settled on the 210 for everything up to but not including Eland and the 250 Nosler or 300 Gr. Woodleighs softs ans solids for everything else...I like the 300 for elk in timber, also for buffalo, Lion and Eland in the bush. Solids for Buffalo. I will from now on use GS FN solids for Buff if I use the 338...

I have used the 225 extensively but it is neither fish nor fowl in my book and the 210 will out penitrate it for some reason..

------------------
Ray Atkinson

ray@atkinsonhunting.com
atkinsonhunting.com

Posts: 42165 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote