THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AMERICAN BIG GAME HUNTING FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  American Big Game Hunting    Re: What do you guys hunt in the summer?

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: What do you guys hunt in the summer?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I hunt groundhogs and crows in the summer, and I occasionally bowfish, which is sort of hunting. I spend the majority of my field time in the summer fishing though. I would really rather be on the water than just about anyplace else in the summer.

Posts: 641 | Location: SW Pennsylvania, USA | Registered: 10 October 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I guess I've got it pretty good
Pretty well everything in the Yukon opens August 1st and closes October 31. Some caribou areas are open until January 31st if you can bare the cold. August I keep to sheep hunting.

Posts: 48 | Location: Yukon | Registered: 29 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
September-April: Antelope, deer, pheasants, waterfowl, turkeys.

May-August: SEX (mostly in August, because if your wife gets pregnant in Aug, then the baby comes out in May, which is not a hunting month and the fishing is still generally slow.

Posts: 96 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: 28 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
like that last post. My second child due April 1.I mostly work to pay for big gamehunt(s).Do some fishing before memorial day, then after labor day.to many tourist in summer. Love the Bikini clad woman .

Posts: 310 | Location: middle tennesse | Registered: 05 February 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Well, 300H+H nothing in life is free, anything worth doing is also worth working for. I work non stop during the Summers so that I can have my Hunting. Lucky for me my work keeps me close to some world class trout fishing. I never go no were in the summer, I fly bush alaska, with out a flyrod and some flies. School is important, the more and better education you get, the better your life is going to be. With that comes money and with money, you can more or less do what you want. I don't know what you are studying, I ended up a broken down airplane and helicopter pilot. I push an old single engine around the tundra during the winter and fly a Bell 206 on contract for the summer. Summer hunting, go find a dump that will let you shoot rats. I spent a lot of summers when I was a kid on rat safaris. You learn to really shoot.

Posts: 1070 | Location: East Haddam, CT | Registered: 16 July 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I hunt ground hogs, carp, gar, and dogfish in the summer months and try to bass fish as much as possible.
Fordfreak

Posts: 274 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: 04 July 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of boilerroom
posted Hide Post
What do I hunt in the summer...

Trout, salmon and targets.

I could start hunting big game in Aug. in northern B.C. if I wanted but always wait til Sept.

Deer on the Queen Charlotte Islands opens in June. We did a salmon trip there one year in July. brought the rifle along but had soo many complications on that trip that we never got around to hunting. WOW!! alot of deer around. We seen at least 100 a day and we never went looking for them. That was mostly around camp and on the beaches.

You are allowed 15 there.

Posts: 4326 | Location: Under the North Star! | Registered: 25 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Oh yeah, I also kill sporting clays
Fordfreak

Posts: 274 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: 04 July 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Any spare time I have usually goes to fishing...when I'm not fishing for a living. I do make a trip to Montana for vermin on one of two trips home that I get. The wife gets her choise on the other. Last year I was home in early Sept. with seven months of vacation to look forward too.
I hunted grouse, deer, and bear in sept, but usually its near fall when I'm back from Alaska.

Posts: 133 | Location: Bothell,Wash | Registered: 24 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of 300H&H
posted Hide Post
You know, now that I think of it, when it's winter I look forward to fishing, and when it's summer I look forward to hunting.
I'm planning to teach English in college, so it's going to be summer vacations and late August hunts for life I guess. Or it least until I get tenure and say: "I'm going on a hunting trip, get the teaching assistant to fill in." someday...

PS: Right now I want to go muskie fishing really bad.

Posts: 672 | Location: St. Paul MN | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I hunt targets in the summer and kill most that I shoot at. Good shooting.

Posts: 221 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: 19 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of CaptJack
posted Hide Post
most of us in Texas hunt hogs at night
since we can hunt them 24/7 365days a year.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Tourists!!

Posts: 591 | Location: SW Montana | Registered: 28 December 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
When I was in college there was a second chance bow season in January. It was the 1st-15th so it worked for me. I think it would be a little cold in MN in January but you could check the surrounding states Game and Fish sites for late seasons.

Posts: 226 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: 10 October 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I agree with POP on this,

Prairie Dogs in Montana, and Ground Squirrels in Oregon, from March until July.

Coyote calling is year round here in Oregon.

Why shoot paper targets in the summer when a moving one is so much more fun!!

Posts: 2889 | Location: Southern OREGON | Registered: 27 May 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of holzauge
posted Hide Post
Groundhogs. With any luck this summer I'm going to try Maryland and Virginia coyotes.

Posts: 621 | Location: Commonwealth of Virginia | Registered: 06 September 2003Reply With Quote