New
Find
Notify
Tools

First Aoudad of the "Season"
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Our first hunt of the season, first evening of the first day right after a downpour and we officially have a big ram down! West Texas free range aoudad.
www.westtexashunt.com

Specializing in Free Range hunts in far west Texas for Native & Exotic Game. Hunts for All budgets with Financing available.

www.westtexashunt.com

Like us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/WestTexasHuntOrganization/

Posts: 439 | Location: El Paso/ Far West Texas | Registered: 20 July 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Awesome!!!!
What a beauty Mike...
Definitely a bucket list item for me personally.

Posts: 931 | Location: Music City USA | Registered: 09 April 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
That's a dandy Mike!

Posts: 502 | Location: Arkansas Delta | Registered: 01 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Damn nice ram. Can't wait to bring my buddies Jim and Dan over in Oct for their first aoudad. Anyone looking for a great aoudad hunt get ahold of Mike. Great guy with some great ranches. You really can't go wrong.

Posts: 148 | Location: Parks AZ | Registered: 31 March 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thank you!

Specializing in Free Range hunts in far west Texas for Native & Exotic Game. Hunts for All budgets with Financing available.

www.westtexashunt.com

Posts: 439 | Location: El Paso/ Far West Texas | Registered: 20 July 2012Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of DesertRam
posted Hide Post
Big, gnarly, muddy beast that one! Well done.

Posts: 3296 | Location: Southern NM USA | Registered: 01 October 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Can't wait to get there in a few weeks!
Great job! Looking forward to my hunt!!

Posts: 2648 | Location: Utah | Registered: 23 February 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mulie_mike:
Thank you!

Kudos to you sir. After checking your website you ain't hurting for business! I'm too damned impatient to book 2 or 3 years in advance unfortunately.

Beautiful ram btw.

Posts: 2717 | Location: NH | Registered: 03 February 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Austin Hunter
posted Hide Post
that's a toad! What are the measurements- length and base; and body weight.

"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid" -- Ronald Reagan

"Ignorance of The People gives strength to totalitarians."

Want to make just about anything work better? Keep the government as far away from it as possible, then step back and behold the wonderment and goodness.

Posts: 3061 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 05 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Norton,
I always have cancellations and I have openings for next September & October for rut hunts so its just a year away!

If you want to come soon I have a cancellation on the ranch we just took this ram on available for this month or next. Give me a call if interested 915-328-0645

This ram was every bit of 350lbs if not a bit more. I have not had a chance to put the tape on him but will do here when I can get caught up with other chores.

www.westtexashunt.com

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sounds good! I'll be in touch.

Posts: 2717 | Location: NH | Registered: 03 February 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
Incredible ram. That mount is going to be a stunner when he gets it back from the taxidermist.

Cool

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16533 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
WOW, that is a stud!!!! He will make a great mount. Good way to draw first blood.

one of us
posted Hide Post
My guess is he came off a ranch between Marfa and Presidio!! or there abouts..Ive seen a few like that on the other side of Ft. Davis..Im omitting fenced hunts in my guess. Nice ram..

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 41986 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
afer a hunt for aoudad with mike and crew i would go back in a minute - even if i had to use a blaser barf

Posts: 13446 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Wow, from you, that's a ringing endorsement! :-)

Posts: 20142 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Austin Hunter
posted Hide Post
West Texas is the place to go for truly big Aoudad. We have free range ones on our hill country lease, but have yet to break 32". When I have time, I will go for a West Texas monster!

"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid" -- Ronald Reagan

"Ignorance of The People gives strength to totalitarians."

Want to make just about anything work better? Keep the government as far away from it as possible, then step back and behold the wonderment and goodness.

Posts: 3061 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 05 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks everyone! Been out busy on hunts. Will update a few more pictures here next week.

www.westtexashunt.com

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Just returned from hunting with Mike's operation. Took a great aoudad. great guide, very, very, well organized.

I absolutely will recommend them and anyone that needs a reference, feel free to contact me.

If I was smart enough to post a pic, I would!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thank you Jason!

www.westtexashunt.com

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Here is a link to my hunt with Mike (on another AR forum):
http://forums.accuratereloadin...3221043/m/7101026432