Find
Notify
Tools

Sonora Mexico Hunting Opportunity
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of drummondlindsey
posted
A very dear friend of mine just leased a big ranch down in Sonora. Its a place he has been trying to lease for quite a few years now. He is booked up on all of his other ranches but needs to find 6 guys for the new place.

The ranch itself is close to 30,000 acres and is very close to Hermosillo. The house is very nice and the hunting has the potential to be outstanding. Genetics in the area are great and the deer densities are very good compared to some of the areas I have hunted in the past. There was a 227" deer harvested of of this ranch 2 yrs ago.

If anybody is interested send me a PM and I will give you my friends contact info.

The guy that leased it is like family to me. He went to college at Fresno State University and speaks fluent english. I would not hesitate to book a hunt with or for him, he is as good as they come down there.

Also, he told me that he is very fleible on the dates, first to book gets to pick the week he hunts, this year his hunters fly in and fly out on Sundays so any Sun-Sun week in January is available. I would also consider early December as a time to go if you are interested

Drummond

Posts: 2092 | Location: Windsor, CO | Registered: 06 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I forgot to mention price, the cost of the hunt is:

$8000 Base Fee + $2500 Havest Fee

It very comparable to the cost of hunts down there right now, he is not the cheapest nor is he the highest

Posts: 2092 | Location: Windsor, CO | Registered: 06 December 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Wendell Reich
posted Hide Post
For anyone considering this hunt, there is something you should know.

Drummond is an evil man. He shows pictures of Deer that they have killed in the past, not just one or two pictures, many photos and then you are weak. You can not help but want one of these monsters.

Damn you Drummond ... damn you....

Posts: 6254 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: 13 July 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
i've seen his graveyard,some magnificent,some just plain largest taken that YEAR in mexico,and a few studs fm the e.plains

Posts: 2141 | Location: enjoying my freedom in wyoming | Registered: 13 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Wendell, Flaco,

Thanks for the kind words! (checks in the mail)

Also, emails and PMs sent to those that were interested. Best of luck, if you have any more questions please feel free to PM me or email me at huntsonora@comcast.net

Thanks,
Drummond

One of Us
Picture of Skyline
posted Hide Post
So that is only $10,500 for a mulie buck.....dang, and all these complaints about 12K for elk. Go figure. Roll Eyes

The power of accurate observation is frequently called cynicism by those who are bereft of that gift.

Posts: 1814 | Location: Northern Rockies, BC | Registered: 21 July 2006Reply With Quote