THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AMERICAN BIG GAME HUNTING FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  American Big Game Hunting    To the stupid idiot(s) out there......

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

To the stupid idiot(s) out there......
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
My wife just came across the Wyoming/Utah (Woodruff Utah/Wyoming) border (which is close to where I live).

I thought that I had heard it all in regards to game thieves. Apparently, I have not. Some
idiot dumped an elk mount off at the side of the road, minus the antlers.

I can only assume it was stolen for the antlers and that the idiots have already stole them.
It must have been fairly recent as she did not see it a few hours before she was in Evanston (WY).

That's my rant and I do believe in Karma for the low life's who did this.

Glad to email pic's if any of you are interested in seeing it. I am still shaking my head.....;

Posts: 2663 | Location: Utah | Registered: 23 February 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Are you sure it's not an antlerless elk who shed it's head?

Posts: 2249 | Location: South Texas | Registered: 01 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
it's not uncommon for people to stop and snag the antlers off an animal someone else has hit.
usually around here the entire animal is taken if it can be loaded up fairly easily.

Posts: 5001 | Location: soda springs,id | Registered: 02 April 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yeah, I’m sure. If someone wants to post pic’s I’ll send them.
Glad to let you see, and hear the other opinions.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I can fully believe it. but send a couple photos if you have them. either directly to me, or put them on the site

Posts: 501 | Location: Maryland | Registered: 18 June 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of BaxterB
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lamar:
it's not uncommon for people to stop and snag the antlers off an animal someone else has hit.
usually around here the entire animal is taken if it can be loaded up fairly easily.

I drove into Charlottesville VA one time and saw a dead forkie by the side of the road. 45 minutes later driving back out, the deer was still there...the antlers weren’t. Go figure.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tysue:
I can fully believe it. but send a couple photos if you have them. either directly to me, or put them on the site

Hi tysue:

I just emailed them to your profile email.

I need to work on my pic posting skills....

One of Us
Picture of boarkiller
posted Hide Post
Maybe someone lost it from back of the pickup and someone else grabbed the horns
And life goes on?

" Until the day breaks and the nights shadows flee away " Big ivory for my pillow and 2.5% of Neanderthal DNA flowing thru my veins.
When I'm ready to go, pack a bag of gunpowder up my ass and strike a fire to my pecker, until I squeal like a boar.
Yours truly , Milan The Boarkiller - World according to Milan
PS I have big boar on my floor...but it ain't dead, just scared to move...

Man should be happy and in good humor until the day he dies...
Only fools hope to live forever
“ Hávamál”

Posts: 13376 | Location: In mountains behind my house hunting or drinking beer in Blacksmith Brewery in Stevensville MT or holed up in Lochsa | Registered: 27 December 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I don't know of any hunts going this late.

I sure wouldn't want to be the one up in that area trying to find a game animal or attempting to drag it through that much snow even with a team of horses.

maybe just over the Wyoming line a bit I'd hunt, but not down in the woodruff area there's probably 15' of snow up there.

Posts: 5001 | Location: soda springs,id | Registered: 02 April 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Whoa there, it was an elk "mount" someone didn't have room for or was bug infested so they tossed the mount and kept the horns. At least that's the way I read the post...???? they should have dumped it at the dump..

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 42176 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
What Ray Atkinson said. That makes the most sense. Back off the coffee, that’s my advice

Posts: 214 | Location: maine, usa | Registered: 07 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by groundtender:
What Ray Atkinson said. That makes the most sense. Back off the coffee, that’s my advice

Uhhh... yeah, sure... Anything is possible

one of us
Picture of RMiller
posted Hide Post
They are still scum for littering.

--------------------
THANOS WAS RIGHT!

Posts: 9823 | Location: Montana | Registered: 25 June 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
They should be horsewhipped with a wet noodle.

Posts: 4372 | Location: NE Wisconsin | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of boarkiller
posted Hide Post
Maybe it fell off the alien ship boys

" Until the day breaks and the nights shadows flee away " Big ivory for my pillow and 2.5% of Neanderthal DNA flowing thru my veins.
When I'm ready to go, pack a bag of gunpowder up my ass and strike a fire to my pecker, until I squeal like a boar.
Yours truly , Milan The Boarkiller - World according to Milan
PS I have big boar on my floor...but it ain't dead, just scared to move...

Man should be happy and in good humor until the day he dies...
Only fools hope to live forever
“ Hávamál”

Posts: 13376 | Location: In mountains behind my house hunting or drinking beer in Blacksmith Brewery in Stevensville MT or holed up in Lochsa | Registered: 27 December 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by boarkiller:
Maybe it fell off the alien ship boys

There aren't any aliens up here, its too cold.

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BaxterB:
quote:
Originally posted by Lamar:

I drove into Charlottesville VA one time and saw a dead forkie by the side of the road. 45 minutes later driving back out, the deer was still there...the antlers weren’t. Go figure.

Happens here all the time, not illegal, you just have to get a permit, 10. Wink

Griz

Indeed, no human being has yet lived under conditions which, considering the prevailing climates of the past, can be regarded as normal. John E Pfeiffer, The Emergence of Man

Those who can't skin, can hold a leg. Abraham Lincoln

Only one war at a time. Abe Again.

Posts: 4211 | Location: Alta. Canada | Registered: 06 November 2002Reply With Quote