Find
Notify
Tools

Western Oklahoma Whitetails
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Mighty Joe
posted
Well folks, my season has been good so far. I took a nice doe in Muzzleloader season at 142 yards with my Savage smokeless which sends a Hornady 250 gr SST @ 2465 fps and it was a perfect shot.

Then we switched to rifle season and on the second day, I saw a buck chasing a doe @ 252 yards. First shot went high in the back, the buck turned and looked sick, then went behind some cedars and came back out. He was standing broadside, and I put another shot into him and he went straight down. When the doe saw him go down, she ran straight towards me, but hung up in low ground,then came up on the ridge and I put her on the ground.

Both gun tags filled, I started hunting archery again, but no trophys, but let several small bucks and does walk.

Prayer, planning, preperation, perseverence, proper procedure, and positive attitude, positively prevents poor performance.

Posts: 910 | Location: Oakwood, OK, USA | Registered: 11 September 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Rob1SG
posted Hide Post
Nice Buck. Sounds like a great hunt

Posts: 1111 | Location: Edmond,OK | Registered: 14 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Hey Joe, Congratulations on two fine kills. Looks like you are sure having an excellent year.

Posts: 9920 | Location: Carolinas, USA | Registered: 22 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Reloader
posted Hide Post
That's a nice Buck Joe.

Congrats!

Reloader

Posts: 4146 | Location: North Louisiana | Registered: 18 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
good job---chris

Posts: 294 | Location: Omaha, NE | Registered: 29 September 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Nice buck Joe, congrats.

Life member NRA
formally scrappy

Posts: 192 | Location: Ga | Registered: 21 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of bwanamrm
posted Hide Post
Nice buck... what county did you hunt in?

On the plains of hesitation lie the bleached bones of ten thousand, who on the dawn of victory lay down their weary heads resting, and there resting, died.

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,
Or walk with Kings - nor lose the common touch...
Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!
- Rudyard Kipling

Life grows grim without senseless indulgence.

Posts: 7545 | Location: Victoria, Texas | Registered: 30 March 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Mighty Joe
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bwanamrm:
Nice buck... what county did you hunt in?

Our 1500 acre lease is in Dewey County, Northwest of Thomas, Oklahoma bordered on the North by the South Canadian River.

Thanks guys. After 21 years of hunting whitetails, this is my first true wall hanger and he only scored 127, which may not say much for my hunting prowess. Seems like the planets were never aligned or something. So, the spell is finally broken. Thank you Lord.

Prayer, planning, preperation, perseverence, proper procedure, and positive attitude, positively prevents poor performance.

Posts: 910 | Location: Oakwood, OK, USA | Registered: 11 September 2000Reply With Quote