Login/Join

one of us
Picture of jb
posted
Troy Reinke 8pt. Gross: 192" Net: 189"
32" main Beams
26" inside spread
6 1/2" bases...

supposedly from less than 20 miles from my house.
Any one seen this pic before?

http://mnoutdoorsman.com/forum...ex.php?topic=18382.0

SI VIS PACEM PARA BELLUM

Posts: 2937 | Location: minnesota | Registered: 26 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Snellstrom
posted Hide Post
Dude that is a real Monster!!!!

I'd love to hear more about this one.

Posts: 5604 | Location: Eastern plains of Colorado | Registered: 31 October 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
DAMN Eeker

I've never even seen a rack that big in Virginia, ever. That thing is HUGE.

quote:
Originally posted by jb:
Troy Reinke 8pt. Gross: 192" Net: 189"
32" main Beams
26" inside spread
6 1/2" bases...

supposedly from less than 20 miles from my house.
Any one seen this pic before?

http://mnoutdoorsman.com/forum...ex.php?topic=18382.0

Sand Creek November 29 1864

Posts: 1511 | Location: cul va | Registered: 25 October 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Honkey
posted Hide Post
I hate to be a skeptical douche...

BUT that thing doesn't even look remotely real.

NRA Life
DRSS
Searcy 470 NE

The poster formerly known as Uglystick

Posts: 512 | Location: New Mexico USA | Registered: 06 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Jackman Maine I been there nice Little town.
Hunted Bear in jackman. Lots of Moose.
Need a good fast mechanic there the 2 shops are too slow always behind.

There should be some ifo on this buck some where. I could be real .

Posts: 1458 | Location: maryland / Clayton Delaware | Registered: 16 December 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of jb
posted Hide Post
when I hear more ,I will update.

SI VIS PACEM PARA BELLUM

Posts: 2937 | Location: minnesota | Registered: 26 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Go to the B&C website and see if there is anything. They post big heads and recent kills some times.

Posts: 10478 | Location: N.W. Wyoming | Registered: 22 February 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 45otto
posted Hide Post
I'm a bit sceptical as well.

Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie?

Posts: 439 | Location: Rosemount, MN | Registered: 07 October 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of jb
posted Hide Post
some more info
http://www.idohunting.com/foru.../5/o/93/fpart/1/vc/1

SI VIS PACEM PARA BELLUM

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I seen this pic on the B&C website under there trophy watch page. Thats a Dandy

Posts: 135 | Location: sw kansas | Registered: 25 April 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I think it is real.I have seen Bucks like that shot in Wi.That is a Super high score for a 8 point.Unfortunatly I never see them where I hunt!!!! Frowner

Posts: 4372 | Location: NE Wisconsin | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
jb - the game check station here this morning checked a buck shot over by redwing. 28.5" inside spread, 18 scorable points, 14.5" g2's, i saw a picture of it WOW

Posts: 13446 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of buckeyeshooter
posted Hide Post
Wow! that's a whopper! Eeker

Posts: 5709 | Location: Ohio | Registered: 02 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of jb
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by butchloc:
jb - the game check station here this morning checked a buck shot over by redwing. 28.5" inside spread, 18 scorable points, 14.5" g2's, i saw a picture of it WOW

we like pictures,too!

SI VIS PACEM PARA BELLUM

one of us
Picture of jb
posted Hide Post
a sad update

W3ckUiD3aPc:_Yyc:aULPQL7PQLanchO7DiUss" target="_blank">http://www.startribune.com/loc...ULPQL7PQLanchO7DiUss

A "monstrous" trophy buck taken in southern Minnesota during bow-hunting season has been confiscated, and the hunter who killed it was charged today with a host of gross misdemeanors.

Troy Reinke, 32, of Cannon Falls, was charged by summons in Goodhue County with 13 counts, among them exceeding his limit, failure to register a deer, leaving big game untagged and illegal transport of big game. The charges allege that Reinke was licensed to only shoot one deer but took three, with the last one being the prized whitetail buck on Oct. 31.

The state Department of Natural Resources is trying to determine whether the 8-point buck's rack is of record proportions, though no formal 8-point records are recognized, said DNR spokesman Rich Sprouse. The DNR, in a news release announcing a news conference for midafternoon in St. Paul to discuss the case, characterized the buck's antlers as "a record-book deer rack."

The buck -- including the rack -- was confiscated Friday after having already been butchered, Sprouse said.

Reinke, who has a criminal history in Minnesota of convictions for fifth-degree criminal assault and domestic assault, was not immediately available for comment.

According to the charges, Reinke at first told conservation officers that he only shot one deer. But under later questioning he acknowledged killing one doe and two bucks, with the third one being the trophy deer.

Chuck Corcoran, a Hampton taxidermist who processed the deer for Reinke, said today that the buck was "monstrous to see," weighing in at 269 pounds.

Corcoran, who described himself as an experienced scorer of deer racks, gave this one 192 inches gross and 188 net. "It's something you'll never see in your lifetime," said Corcoran, adding that he has heard of only one other 8-point buck taken in North America that is even close to those measurements -continued

SI VIS PACEM PARA BELLUM

One of Us
posted Hide Post
That Son of a Bitch.I hope he gets fined and jail time.

Posts: 4372 | Location: NE Wisconsin | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bobby Tomek
posted Hide Post
That is sad. Too bad this magnificent deer couldn't have been taken by a hunter.

Instead, it was killed by a poacher.

The website shows a headline stating: "Minn. hunter charged with poaching his way to prized trophy buck"

I hope everyone e-mails and tells them there is a difference between a HUNTER and a POACHER.

I just hate those type of headlines... Mad

Bobby
Μολὼν λαβέ
The most important thing in life is not what we do but how and why we do it. - Nana Mouskouri

Posts: 9377 | Location: Shiner TX USA | Registered: 19 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MN Hunter
posted Hide Post
Makes me sick to my stomach!

Minneapolis paper updated the story today and they are now testing to see if he shot the deer with a gun and then stuck an arrow in it.

Posts: 245 | Location: Minneapolis, MN | Registered: 07 August 2009Reply With Quote