THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AMERICAN BIG GAME HUNTING FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  American Big Game Hunting    Re: one of my shortest hunts, here's a picture...

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: one of my shortest hunts, here's a picture...
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Doc
posted
I would have considered your idea if my MOTHER IN LAW didn't throw it away to hide the evidence.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Nice looking Buck!

Posts: 863 | Location: Mtns of the Desert Southwest, USA | Registered: 26 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Doc
posted Hide Post
Quote:

Shoot the mother-in-law and mount her.

shoot her: maybe. Mount her! NEVER.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Hey, I don't have a photo, but I do have a story.

I bought a piece of property(120 acres) in June of 2002. I had some scrappy timber cut on most of the hilltops, and told my logger that I wanted him off the property before deer season. They left two days before season opened, and I didn't get a chance to go see what was left behind. I drove into the property and at daylight really didn't find a great place to hunt. So, I just crawled into a brush pile overlooking a hollow between two hills. Five minutes later, two bucks come out and began feeding on the brush tops. I popped the closest buck and was back at home drinking coffee before the sun came up. He was no wall hanger(six pointer), but he was meat for the freezer.

I called my brother in law and woke him up. He showed up about an hour later and we dragged the deer out.It was my short and sweet hunt.

/

Posts: 118 | Location: Infidel land - home of the free | Registered: 04 August 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Shoot the mother-in-law and mount her.

Posts: 19677 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: 23 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Doc
posted Hide Post

I drove to Queen City, MO, at around 230am from school in Iowa. Got into my stand at 6am-ish. Shot this guy within 15 minutes or so. Was back home before wife got out of bed. I'd post his wallhanger pic but it's at the taxidermist for a tine repair. Mother in law and wife took it off wall to paint, when I got home, I noticed about 3" of tine missing on his tallest one. Mother in law said, "it was like that." That told me she did it.

Oh, yea, killed it with my factory Ruger MKII .270 with a 150 speer spitzer on top of maxIMR4831. 130 yard shot. bullet was lodged on offside skin.