Find
Notify
Tools

Dang it, right place, wrong time
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Doc
posted
During my lunch break, I went to one of my spots to check the progress of some new scrapes that are cropping up left and right over the last few days (most likely because I've been dousing the area with Doe pee from Buckeye scents).

I get there at 2pm. I'm told by the landownder that: "oh, you JUST missed it. A big 12 was just here not 5 minutes ago trailing a doe. I'd say he was medium racked but huge body." I asked, "how much head gear?" Answer: "maybe 20" wide, 10 tines in the back, and lots of mass."

I had to go back to work. At about 530pm I called the landowner to tell them I'd be there in the morning. This time I spoke with the wife. She said at 330 she was checking the newly surveyed property line and saw a real big buck about 10 yards from my stand walking around. "I couldn't tell you how many points but he was big and had a lot of them."

I think from now on I'm going to work M-W-F from 11am to noon and still take T and Th afternoons off completely during the rut.

Every year, EVERY year, this happens to me. The big boys move during the day without a care in the world.

Oh, well, I'll be in my tree about 615am. We'll see what happens.

Ted Kennedy's car has killed more people than my guns

One of Us
Picture of IdahoVandal
posted Hide Post
Good luck! We are going out tommorrow AM also as it seems the rut has finally hit full swing here in N. Idaho......

IV

minus 300 posts from my total
(for all the times I should have just kept my mouth shut......)

Posts: 844 | Location: Moscow, Idaho | Registered: 24 March 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Doc
posted Hide Post
Best of luck to you too. I'm bowhunting, you?

Ted Kennedy's car has killed more people than my guns

One of Us
Picture of IdahoVandal
posted Hide Post
We are doing modern firearm, we have access to 1200 acres of private land on the Palouse and hunting pressure on surrounding areas tends to push them onto this little area we have, we'll see though!

IV

minus 300 posts from my total
(for all the times I should have just kept my mouth shut......)

Posts: 844 | Location: Moscow, Idaho | Registered: 24 March 2005Reply With Quote